Chapter 2- Do You Live Under A Rock Or Something?

“This just in- Mason Carter photographed in Verona, Italy with a mystery brunette just hours after being spotted in Tahiti canoodling with his co-star, Brianne Blossom,” The male gossip news reporter says in a serious tone, as if this is even real news.

I roll my eyes when a photo of Mason Carter in a nightclub booth with a girl pops up on the big screen television. Putting my feet up on the coffee table, I grab the remote and flick the channel. Clark called me about forty-five minutes ago- a wakeup call, she called it- and forced me out of my bed. That’s another thing about Clark, she always wakes up really early. I mean, really early. Like 8 o’clock every single morning, unless of course we have school, then she’s up earlier. I don’t know how she does it, because I can literally sleep all day long. I mean, I try not to, but if I had the desire to, I could.

After Clark forced me up, I came downstairs and went into the kitchen, making myself some breakfast- cereal. Cocoa Puffs, to be exact. Neither my mother nor my father are really big cooking people, so they usually just go grocery shopping and I have to fend for myself. It’s awful, I know, considering the only foods I can really make are eggs, sandwiches and meatloaf. And the meatloaf’s not all that appetizing, so I don’t even think it counts.

So I made my cereal, then I came into the living room and turned on the television. I guess one of my parents or my older brother, Caleb, was in here last night watching a program on E! or something because when I turned the TV on, it was already on the channel. The first few stories I didn’t mind because they were about random stuff. Taylor Swift’s tour dates. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt hosted some kinda dinner. Harry Styles’ new tattoo. Stuff like that. Then they had to ruin it by bringing up Mason Carter and his weird rendezvous.

I suddenly have no appetite and stand up, turning the TV off. Walking back into the kitchen, I flip the light switch and dump the remainder of the little cereal left into the sink and then turn the garbage disposal on. Garbage disposals have always kinda creeped me out. In my defense though, I watch Supernatural.

I leave the bowl and spoon in the sink and make my way up the stairs to my bedroom. It’s ten minutes to 9 o’clock, so I guess I should probably get ready for our day of shopping since Holland said she and Clark would be here at 9:30. Why they’re coming so early, I don’t know. It’s not that I’m not a fan or shopping, because I am, I just prefer online shopping to real shopping. It’s so much less tiring and you get it delivered to your front door. You just cannot beat that. Holland likes the feeling that you get by carrying a billion shopping bags in your home- I however, do not.

When I make it to my bedroom, I close the door behind me and go over to my closet, sliding it open. My house is kinda weirdly built, so I don’t have a closet you actually pull open. Basically there’s a little handle type thingy and you just slide it over. Kinda like the door of a mini-van, I guess. It’s rather large though, which is good because I store a lot of crap in there. An old chair, a mirror that I broke about two years ago and all the gossip magazines that Clark and Holland have left over during sleepovers and whatnot.

Stepping inside of my closet, I decide that since it’s December, it’s obviously pretty cool outside. Oh, how I love the winter time. It’s all cold and stuff and I just love that. Especially when it snows. Mind you, I live in Indiana, so it does snow every now and again. Hopefully this year we’ll have a white Christmas because there literally hasn’t been one since I was like, eight.

I take out a pair of sleek black leggings and a yellow long sleeve, stripe crew neck jumper. Thankfully, I took a shower last night because right now I’m really tired and don’t feel like taking one. Not to mention the fact that it’s probably really cold outside and because of my pure hatred for orange juice, I don’t have the greatest immune system. Actually, I have the worst immune system. I can walk outside after washing my hair and catch the flu or something. Not literally, but you know what I mean.