Chapter 13- Love is Free

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 13- Love is Free

When I woke up the next morning I didn't realize it was already nine o'clock. Usually the bright sun would have woken me up but today it was different. The sun wasn't out and the house was very silent. The room was rather chilly and a rumble in my stomach craved food. Using all my will power I dragged myself off the bed and wrapped myself in bulky knitted cardigan that's always kept me warm.

I slide the elastic out of my hair and released the ponytail it was captured in. I checked my reflection in the mirror as I brushed my teeth then made my way across the hall. I lightly knocked on the door pushing it open to see if Jeremy was awake. His body was under the covers his back facing towards me. "Jeremy." I whispered his name a couple of times wondering if he was awake.

He moaned and groaned rolling around in bed until he was laying on his stomach and wrapped his arms around the pillow he was laying on, "Five more minutes mom." He mumbled into the pillow and then softly began to snore.

I sighed closing the door and making my way down stairs. I went down in the living room and sat on the couch turning on the TV. The movie The Devil Wears Prada was already playing half way through. I wasn't paying much attention to it as I played Candy Crush on my phone. The best feeling ever is when you wake up with five new lives on Candy Crush.

It took me about twenty minutes to lose all five lives and pass two levels. It took twenty minutes for the prince to roll out of bed. And when I mean roll out of bed, I mean rolled out of bed exactly. I narrowed my eyes after hearing the thump coming from upstairs. Jeremy came down the stairs slowly rubbing his eyes and pausing at the end.

He looked over as I grinned at him, "Morning sleeping beauty." I greeted cheerfully.

He groaned rolling back his shoulders as he walked away. I mentally chuckled as I rolled my eyes and followed him in the kitchen. He leaned back against the counter rubbing his head with a tired look on his face.

"Ooo, look what we have here this morning." I chirped turning my body to a lifeless and sleepy Jeremy, "Bags under the eyes." I mention, tracing them with the tip of my index finger, "Two sleepless nights. Hm, I guess my theory turned out to be true." I smirked, figuring out his dirty little secret. I didn't kiss him just because I wanted to. It also was to test my theory and see how tired he'd look the next day. I figured that maybe our kiss would keep him up. Gosh, I'm starting to sounds just as cocky as him!

He rolled his eyes at me, "I'll have you know I couldn't sleep for other reasons." He tells me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh, please, do tell. I love to hear this." I teased standing in front of him with my arms crossed like his.

He paused for a moment thinking about it and then continued on, "I'm worried that we're going to miss our Bis. and Law class. Because in case you forgot we have papers to pass in, and this storm that's passing through doesn't seem pleasant for airplanes." He pointed out looking over to the nearest window to spot the gray skies and rainy weather.

I shrugged my shoulders, a little glum that he was thinking about college already. But I guess I shouldn't be, I mean, that was part of the deal, by Monday morning I wasn't his problem anymore. I'm just a former client. Who was I to think that after all this we'd really still be friends like we acted to be- correction we weren't acting like friends, friends don't kiss and hold hands we acted like a couple. Did I honestly believe him when he told me that we could be friends after this? HA! I'm an idiot. I guess I was right all along to think like that.

My smile fell a bit as I moved passed him to the cabinets, "I'm sure Professor doesn't mind letting us pass in our work by email if he understands that we can't make it because we're not around. And you never know, this could just be a little storm that's going to quickly pass by, our flight is still on to depart at three." I informed him in a serious matter, "So anyways, want some breakfast. Sorry there's no gourmet buffet, just cereal." I took out a bowl and milk along with the container of Captain Crunch. I saw Jeremy nod his head so I grabbed an extra bowl and a couple of spoons.