Chapter 5- Reception Dinner Conflicts

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 5-Reception Dinner Conflicts

Once we got home I started to get ready for the reception dinner for tonight. I had slimmed down my options of what I was planning on wearing. White was out of the question, so that was a start. I didn't know if I should wear color or not because if so I had this perfect red-orange color dress that I've been dying to wear. But then again the dinner was formal so that puts my mind to black. Ugh, this is why I need my girlfriends from college to be here with me. Actually that's not a bad idea.

I grabbed my phone off my night stand table dialing Paige's number. After a few rings she picked up, "What's up chickadee?!" She greeted cheerfully.

I chuckled putting the phone up to my ear, "Everything is good but I just need your help." I said walking into my closet, "Are you with Jade and Carly? I want to FaceTime you guys." I asked lining up my dresses in my closet.

"Yeah sure give us a second and I'll call you back." She said ending the call.

Stripping out of my clothes I started putting on one dress- the red-orange dress. It had a bateau neckline, which meant it was a wide neckline that ran horizontally, front and back, almost to the shoulder points. Aka it covered a lot of the front but not enough to make me look like a nun. The skirt part was a fit and flare type that hugged on the hips and came down plainly. The whole dress was plain but it was made out of leather so it was very pretty. It went great with some nude pumps.

After I tried on the heels my phone started to ring; a FaceTime request coming from Paige's iPad. I set up my phone just right so I could see their faces and see how the camera was showing at me, "Hey girls!" I waved at the phone. They all greeted me with hellos and waves. I got to the point fast before they could ask about Jeremy, "So I need your help picking a dress to wear at the wedding reception tonight." I smiled hopefully.

"Yes of course!" They all shouted, "Give us a little show." Paige suggested.

I nodded my head revealing my dress to the camera. My friends gasped as they saw me semi dolled up in my dress and heels, "So what do you guys think? I don't know if I should go with color or little black dress." I commented looking at myself in the mirror.

"Oh my God that dress is beautiful Sky! I've never seen it before." Paige mentioned with her mouth open.

"That's because I don't bring my nice stuff to college." I laughed looking around my closet. If my friends got a look in here they'll never leave. They'll become six year olds and play dress up all day long.

"That color is beautiful on you! Is that leather?" Carly asked admiring it as well.

"Yep!" I answered semi twirling in the mirror.

"Sky can you bring those shoes back with you, I just love them. I just might go to your house and break in just a heads up." Jade mentioned with a laugh.

I laughed along shaking my head, "So what do you guys think?" I asked watching their faces on the phone screen.

"Even though I love that dress to death I don't think it's sexy enough. I mean you're dating Jeremy Coleman for Christ sake show some skin, make him want you!" Carly said with a serious face even though I and the others were holding back laughs.

"I have to say I like the dress I think you should wear it." Jade voted.

"What about you Paige?" I asked.

"You said you thought about black. What's the black dress you were going to wear?" She wondered curiously as always.

I held up a finger, "Hold on I'll put it on." I suggested taking off the shoes first. I hung the dress back up and put the shoes back in line with the others.