| Chapter Ten : A Talk and a Fun Trip |

After school was done, I sped out the door towards the side walk hoping to not be caught by Princess Popularity and her-his fit he shall have. I smirked to myself as I patted my pocket and nodded to myself.

Good job, Joce, good job. You deserve a pat on the back! I thought to myself as I absentmindedly patted myself on the back...well, shoulder. As I strolled along, quickly, I heard a car coming up behind me. The stench could be smelt from a mile...I knew who it was...

Alex.

Yup, I'm in for it. Well, might as well make this interesting, I thought to myself before the adrenaline pumped through my veins. My feet took me at full speed; it was almost as if I were flying. My mind was out of this world, still telling my feet to fly though, and seemed to be in the clouds. It was quite amusing, though, because a few times my mind clicked and guided my feet through a few alley ways.

This was quite amusing, I must say. Just picturing the face Alex had as he tried following me everywhere made me stop suddenly and burst out in fits of laughter. The mental image in my head was of Alex looking constipated and angry as he pressed that gas peddle and followed me around, trying to catch me. Suddenly I looked behind me, and inches - mere inches from me - was Alex. Not in his car, but Alex... Just standing there.

He grabbed my arm and glared down at me as he dragged me along back to his car. The effort put into trying not to crack up laughing was unbearable. Suddenly I was laughing like a mad woman, scaring the crap out of Alex as he paused in his furious and fast walking, but he soon continued towards his car. I was basically limp laughing so hard, so I really couldn't move my feet. Not to mention I just ran probably 5 blocks at full speed...my P.E. teacher would be proud.

Alex sighed heavily as he stopped, leaving me almost falling over from the feeling in my legs were disappearing as my sides started hurting and little tears streamed down my face from laughing so hard. Suddenly Alex picked me up, bridal style, and walked me to his car in an annoyed manor. As I was still giggling - to which my brain couldn't function enough to make me burst into anymore laughter - I suddenly realized we were now at his car. Obviously...I mean the stench stung my nose and the ratty old thing was rattling and carrying on as if it was about to collapse right then and there.

He put me gently on the warm out seat and slammed the passengers side door shut in a burning-off-steam kind of manor. I giggled a few more times as I buckled myself up and tried to put on a completely straight face, but I only achieved half of a straight face...the other half was smiling. He climbed in and slammed his door now, cranking up the music and stepping on the gas peddle making an awful screeching noise as he tore away from the curb and went straight towards my house.

"Uh oh..." I mumbled, trying to not show my proudness in earlier today. I mean, come on...that was just awesomely brilliant for once, wasn't it?!

"Uh oh is right." He grumbled as he flipped through channels, landing on a start of a song that I had no clue what it was. He smirked to himself, leaving the volume on full blast.

Oh how I feel bad for his car, parents, and...no, wait, that's it. His "friends" are exactly like him; but he's the master mind of them all.

Suddenly the voice rang out and it started getting up beat and annoying. It was simply stupid. I mean honestly, those lyrics, I just... I can't even... Like what?

'Cause baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again
Yeah, baby tonight, the DJ got us galling in love again
So dance, dance, like it's the last, last night of your life, life
Gonna get you right
'Cause baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again...

Yeah but get this, it wasn't even the worst part! Alex suddenly chimed in with that annoying smirk.

"Joce, this is our song." Were the words that echoed through my head.

No, no. This is not happening. "Our song" is something people meet on and both like. Oh, oh... I see how it is. Princess Popularity is getting back at me, hmm? Yeah...we'll just see about that. Two can play at that game.

"Uh, who made you president of this?" I asked, frowning and turning the music down.

"Me." He scoffed like it was totally normal and everything was all good.

"Yeah, no, if you remember correctly... It was me who started this, man. Why and how do you suddenly become the decider of this stuff, huh?" I asked, narrowing my eyes and staring at him.

"Yeah, but guys are supposed to be superior...riiiight?" He asked, nodding and turning. We were basically at the woods now.

"Yeah..." I said, trailing off, then whispering to myself, "most guys."

He parked and hopped out, grabbing his keys and walking over to my side, opening the door for me. Well, well, mister gentleman hmm? When'd this happen?

"Well...er....thanks..." I said awkwardly since he hardly ever did anything like this. He nodded and slammed my door, walking right beside me as we made our way to my place.

Once we got inside and closed the door, he started bursting blood vessels here and there.

"What the hell were you doing?! You're freaking impossible!" His voice roared as his face growled with anger.

I smiled innocently with bambi-like eyes before replying with a high pitched innocent voice, "I know."

"You are a...." He stopped abruptly, frowning and turning around as he started stomping over to the couch and plopping down on it.

"I'm a what?" I inquired, narrowing my eyes and following him. I stayed standing up, staring down at him and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nothing." He grumbled angrily.

"No, please, tell me. I'd like to know what I am." I said, tapping my foot and waiting. I stared right at him as if I were burning a hole into that thick skull of his.

"Nope, not going to tell ya." He informed me, sucking in his cheeks lightly so he looked odd...almost as if he was trying to keep from laughing, that or he was...I'm not even sure what. No one could tell with Alex...

"You will tell me or I will hide the key in a different spot and not tell you, PLUS you will never be allowed here again." I said, smirking and nodding my head once - almost in a jerking manor - before I narrowed my eyes at him again and gritted my teeth, talking through them. "Now...tell...me."

"Fine...you're a...a..." He paused again, thinking.

Wow, the princess can think on her own! I'm impressed.

"Jack in the butt." He finished, taking me by surprise as I closed my eyes for a split second and shaking my head. I soon opened my eyes and raised an eyebrow before I looked at him again confused.

"A...a..." I stuttered, then started snickering before I continued, "jack in the butt?!"

"Yup." He said suddenly and quickly with a totally straight face. I on the other hand started laughing...again...hard.

"A-a jack in the butt!" I stifled through my laughter, trying to contain myself.

"Well, you don't appreciate swearing...or calling names...so...you're a jack in the butt." He stated.

Suddenly my laughter came to an abrupt and utter stop as I realized what he was going to originally say. Wow...that...just...hit me in the "feels".

"Wow, real subtle, man..." I said softly, pursing my lips together in a tight line as I sighed and dropped my head, walking towards the small kitchen. I had never been called either a "jackass" or...the other thing he was going to say.

After a few minutes of silence between us he got up and gripped my hand, looking into my eyes. Those bright blue eyes held weird emotions for some reason - to which I did not know what they were, but okay. He started walking towards the door with me.

"Wait, wait, where are we going?!" I almost squeaked out.

Wow, good job, Joce...that was....great right there...

"You'll see." He said, I could almost feel the smirk that cascaded on his face again as he opened the door and had me close it behind us. We got into his car and drove off, off somewhere.

Where?

Wow, why am I asking myself this...

I don't know.

Am I like honestly talking to myself here?! Like what the heck is this?!

Suddenly we came to a place I had never been to...it was almost like a little hill...or small mountain. We cut a few curves until we came to the top.

It was gorgeous; the leaves were just falling, being brisked away with the wind...the lights from the city down below shown brightly from the sun setting and the darkness creeping over head. A star flickered in the distance as he turned off the ignition and looked out the windshield. I looked over at him, furrowing my eyebrows slightly and showing him a semi-smile.

Instead of talking, we just sat there. Soon I found us on the hood of his car; I was leaning into his side as he held me close. The warmth from his body radiated onto mine as his minty breath hit my head and sent slight shivers down my back. The scenery was truly amazing.

Alex seriously knows what he's doing and how to do it right. A part of me accepts that because that's who he is - a playboy... But the other half is scared, scared what might happen in the near future.

A/N:

WHEW FINALLY! I am SO sorry for making you all wait so friggin long for this...I shall make it up to you somehow...some way. So was it good? I do good this time, ey? Hope so. Welp, hopefully you will enjoy the next chapter and...ALL THE REST TOO! ^.^

Please finish this sentence below in the comment placeeeee!!
I wish I was able to _____ so I could _____.