ice creams and friends with purple hair

I walked into the ice cream shop, and as I pushed the door open a dainty little bell rung. It sounded like the bell they use to make fairy noises. I’m going to call it the fairy bell.

I made a bee line strait for the ice cream flavours dragging Jake behind me while bouncing like a 5 year old.

‘Calm your titties Vals.’

‘Nooooooo! I want ice cream.’

Jake just rolled his eyes and smiled. Obviously caving in to the fact I wasn’t calming down any time soon.

‘Hi how may I help you today?’

I looked up to see a blond girl smiling at us. She had a sweet smile but her eyes showed that she was unhappy to be here.

‘Well I want ice cream obviously.’

‘Well here I thought you wanted a new pair of shoes.’ This girl was actually funny.

‘I might just do that next, thanks for the idea. Anyway can I get some cookie dough ice cream in a cup, cause if it’s in a cone it will end up everywhere.’

The blond just laughed and turned towards Jake. ‘Now what can I get you?’

‘Uhhh chocolate?’

The girl nodded and went on her business grabbing my ice cream. I turned around to see the annoying boy from music class yesterday. I turned back around with a sour expression on my face.

‘Hey, what’s wrong Valery?’

‘You know that douchebag I told you about yesterday? Yer, well, he just walked in here and if I’m correct he’s going to walk over here.’

Jake looked over his shoulder and I could tell when he saw the guy I described to him yesterday. Jake put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He then turned me and pushed the hair behind my ear. I blushed because I never had this kind of contact with Jake before.

He put his free hand on the back of my neck and pulled me closer to his face, and kissed me. I was shocked at first but then I melted into the kiss. I nibbled on his bottom lip a bit, and then we pulled away.

I looked up and the girl getting our ice cream was smiling at us so sweetly. I blushed slightly and looked down.

‘Naww you guys are so cute together. If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been dating?’

‘3 months.’ Jake said proudly. I laced my good fingers in his hand and picked up my ice cream with my other. It was then I realised that I still had to pay. I let go of Jakes hand and grabbed $10 out of my pocket. I got my change back and shoved it in my pocket. I smiled a goodbye to the girl and laced my finger in Jakes once more and we walked over to an empty booth together.

Jake sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

‘So umm about the….’

‘Kiss?’

‘Yer, I uh….’ dammit why couldn’t I get anything out. I started blushing uncontrollably now and Jake just grabbed my chin with his fingers and lifted my head up to look him in the eyes.

‘Valery, this guy I have seen before. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants. It’s just easier to make him think you’re head over heels for someone else. He will move on eventually.’

Ouch, that hurt just a bit. I know we’re friends but it still hurt him saying it. Jake must have seen that to because he quickly added,

‘And I kinda wanted to do that for a while.’