Twenty-Third Confession

__________________________________________________________

Lucy led Zarth into the desolate cabin near them as Zarth heaved, damn! he thought

At first he was just faking his headache to get Lucy's attention but now he was seriously feeling ill. It must've been because of what happened a while ago. His head suddenly felt heavy and he was feeling dizzy. Zarth placed a hand over his eyes as his other hand was draped on Lucy's shoulders.

"Hey Zarth! are you okay?" Lucy asked worriedly, Zarth managed to nod, but he really felt weak now.

"Damn it" he swore under his breath, he could feel the earth crumble beneath him as his slippers dug on the white rough sand

"Hey get a grip of it, hang on Zarth" Lucy muttered and fully assisted Zarth upon walking, instinctively Lucy's hand went on his forehead to feel his temperature

"Oh gosh Zarth! You're burning hot!" she exclaimed Zarth looked at her and grinned

"Thank You!" he chuckled, Lucy smacked his shoulder, but it was a generally good sign that he still could joke around despite his high fever.

"Stupid. Shut up for a while!" she hissed at him but he only chuckled. Lucy moved swiftly as she carefully deposited Zarth on the bed in the cabin. She looked at him tenderly as he was sweating beads and gasping, his chest heaving.

Damn it! she mused, she was running in the beach a while ago like a little girl while Zarth was feeling ill all along, it was her fault and with that thought her conscience was hit by a rolling boulder. 

Lucy decided to take care of Zarth until he gets better! She could use her powers but it was too risky, Satan and Auraziel may descend again once they feel that large chunk of healing. Plus she would use this opportunity to make him fall for her!

But she was actually torn, she didn't like seeing Zarth suffer, maybe she could let some of her magic seep in discretely to heal him.

She was about to go to the kitchen when Zarth pulled her hand.

"What is it?" she asked, suddenly worried if he was feeling ill again.

"Just stay with me for a while Luce" he requested, Lucy's face was tinged with pink as she looked at their entwined hands, good thing Zarth's eyes were closed or else he'll see her blush furiously. She felt so right, with their hands enclosed, but shit! what was she thinking? He was sick! Sure she'd love to stay and cuddle with him but she had to do something about his fever first!

"I'll just go to the kitchen to get you something for your fever, or make a soup or anything!" she said

anything to get away from your sweet seduction you handsome beast! she wanted to add but she knew better

"Aww you don't know how to cook Luce! You'll just kill me!" he complained, Lucy's eyes squinted and she hit his shoulder