Chapter no. 5:

The next morning, I arrived at school a little earlier than usual thinking I might be able to meet Dylan and talk to him about Mum and her relationship with his mother, BUT (sob...) that might as well be my wishful thinking as the disciplinary teacher, Miss Linda caught a hold of me as soon as I entered school and now half an hour has passed but still I am here listening to her non-stop scolding about not skipping school and following the rules, and finally my favourite part of the lecture came, Of course, I know aboutit since Ireceive this lecture 2-3 times a week,"Diana, you are from a good family, think a little about your status, stop playing around or I might have to call your parents! Now go to class!" Even though she says this yet she has never once called home.

As I was going to class from the staff room, I came across Dylan who was talking to another boy from the neighbouring class, guess he is good at making friends. I came near him and said to the boy,"Sorry, but may I borrow him for a while?" after I saw him nod,I dragged Dylan away without asking for his permission, when we entered a secluded area, Dylan said,"What are you doing? Don't you know you should't interrupt people when they are talking? Even among vampire's there is such a thing as manners!!" After I heard that I rolled my eyes at him, I didn't require another lecture after THAT one so I hurriedly said,"Your Mother and Mum are sisters!!" His expression looked as if he had heard that there is a bomb in the school, I continued,"After you left yesterday, I asked Mum that why was she so shocked when she heard the name Yukino Clark and she then told me that your mother,oh...I mean my aunt married a human 17 years ago and then didn't contact her again , so when you told her your mothers name she concluded that...." Dylan interrupted me,"That my mother married a vampire hunter and then didn't tell your mother or contact her in fear of almost getting killed by her own older sister for doing something so outrageous and would still be hiding if I had not found out about you!!" I again said,"Yeah, and Mum said that if she comes in front of her now even if by coincidence she would kill her!" then Dylan said jokingly,"Of course, she wouldn't hate vampire hunters so much that she'd kill her own sister!" Then I said in a somewhat strict tone,"No, Mum isn't that mad at her marrying a vampire hunter she is saying that she'd kill her for running away and hiding from her all this time and I bet that she would really kill her if she gets the chance!" Dylan replied, horrified," Hey, your mother is scary!" then I said,"I know, I guess we would have to deal with it when the time comes!" Dylan also replied with the same distant look in his eyes,"Yeah, besides I just realized that YOU are my cousin!" I immediately retorted,"What's that supposed to mean?" and he said,"Nothing, just shocked that you are related to me!" and we kept on fighting as we headed to class."

The day passed like usual and when it was time to go home, the four of us decided to go home together, atleast till half of the way, we talked about random things, then Thomas asked Dylan,"By the way, which club are you joining?" Dylan replied,"Well, I was thinking of joining the karate club?" Then Juli asked,"Ohh, how good are you?" Dylan replied, nonchalantly,"I am a black belt"All of us became as stiff as ice and I'll bet all of us thought HE IS THAT GOOD!! Dylan continued talking,"By the way which club are you guys in?" so Juli said,"Thomas is in the soccer club, you won't believe it he is the ace" Dylan replied,surprised,"Wow! and what about you two?"Then Juli said,"I am in the tennis club, honestly I am not that good while Diana's in the music club, she is really good with the piano!" Dylan seemed shocked this time, so I asked,"What?" then he said," Appearances can be deceiving!" I asked, a bit angrily,"What do you mean by that?!" and along the way we kept on arguing. Then Dylan,I went one way while Juli and Thomas the other when we had reached a fork in the road.Dylan and I were going to his home because his parents wanted to meet me after he told them about me. It seems he hadn't told them my parent's name.

So, after walking for a while we reached a large house, apparently, this was his home and according to him the smallest one his family owns,Honestly, how many does he have. We entered his house and Dylan guided me to the living room, it was a well decorated and a simple room with a joint kitchen. When I came in I saw a beautiful lady wearing a blue-white shaded gown,I could immediately tell that she was my aunt because she resembled Mum so much,who was apparently leaning against the sofa watching a man who was wearing jeans and a T-shirt and an APRON! What, I guess this family also has issues of their own. He seemed to be cooking something, but when I entered both his and my aunt's attention came towards me, Aunt came to me and joyfully said while shaking my hands,"You must be the vampire Dylan told us about! Nice to meet you! I'm Yukino, what is your name? Who are your parents?...."Dylan interrupted her,"Mom, calm down, she isn't going anywhere, you're going to rip her arm off!" Thank God! My poor arm, after this she exclaimed,"Ah,sorry, I'm just glad to meet another vampire!" So I said,"It's alright, nice to meet you too, AUNT!"She was shocked after hearing the word 'AUNT' and asked,"What?" So I again replied,"Yes, aunt, my mothers name is Megumi Walker and her maiden name is Megumi Clark" At this she appeared to be sweating, so Dylan and I explained everything that happened yesterday and after the explanation, Dylan's Dad came and said,"Well, that explains everything, its good to meet someone related to us after so long, So what would you like to eat? I am kinda the chef of the house since my wife's food always result in a disaster!" I asked,"Disaster?"Then he explained,"Even when she is boiling milk somehow you will always find it turned into black by the time she finishes" I was surprised, how could something as white as milk turn black by just boiling, as we were having this cheerful conversation, my at first joyfull Aunt had turned into another person, she was so deppresed or rather scared that it was impossible to tell who she was anymore, she kept on murmurring,"Oh,I am so dead! What should I do? Oh, how about suicide!, but even then I'm sure she would summon my ghost and then again keep on killing me until she is satisfied, Waaaah, someone save me!!" while Dylan was trying to cheer her up.Then Dylan's Dad again asked,"So, what do you want to eat?" I replied,"Anything is fine, I love all kinds of food" then he said,"Sure" while laughing, and I said,"Oh, let me help yo, I also like to cook!" he then said,"Thank you! that would be a great help." I had dinner with them and talked alot, I had alot of fun!

After dinner, I decided to go home and Dylan was told by his father to walk me home. Even as I was leaving Aunt had not cheered up, guess Mom really is scary.Dylan and I talked about various things on the way:about our family, our lives, our school work, etc. At that time, I felt very happy as if life couldn't get any better. As I was walking with Dylan I felt someone's gaze upon me from the roof of a nearby building, I looked up but didn't see anyone, Dylan asked,"Is something wrong?" I immediately replied,"No, its nothing, I thought someone was watching us but I didn't see anyone, it must have been my imagination." Dylan just replied,"Oh." Don't know if he believed me or not.

The suspicious man was cloaked in black, watching Diana from above the roof , he whispered just one sentence,"I finally found you my cute little friend" before again disappearing into the darkness.....

COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS!!!!!