Chapter 4- Beauty and the Christmas

We walked into the hotel room as he was holding my hand. I grabbed clothes out of my suitcase and went into the bathroom to changed out of my soaked bathing suit.

"Well, I'm going to go home now." He said with a smile. He kissed me on the forehead. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I replied. He walked out the room and I lied down on the queen mattress. I picked up the television remote and changed the channel. Soon after, I fell asleep.

----NEXT DAY----

I woke up with all the blankets on the ground, nothing out of the ordinary and then the hotel phone started to ring. I put my pillow over my head to ignore it, but it rang again. I groaned and picked it up.

"Hello," I mumbled into the phone, still half asleep.

"Hey Jasmine." It was Mason, hearing his voice brightened up my whole day. "What do you wanna do today?" he asked. Just that moment my mood dropped again. I still haven't changed my mind about exploring Chicago alone. I was confused.

"I feel sick," I coughed.

"I'll come over to help you feel better-" he suggested, but before he could continue, I cut him off.

"NO, you'll catch it to. Please don't come over, go explore Europe for awhile by yourself," I lied, trying to sound cheerful.

"Um, okay?" He sounded confused. "Feel better."

"Thanks," I said and hung up the phone.

I got up to have a warm shower and then started to get ready.

Once I was done I grabbed my purse and stuffed a whole bunch of pamphlets and maps in it. I took the hotel key off on the night stand and packed my wallet in. I also stuffed my phone and iPod into the side pockets.

'There. All set," I said to myself while heading out the door. I walked down the perfectly decorated hallway down to the beautiful lobby and out the door.

I called out to a taxi and hopped in it. Pulling out my pamphlets, I made a list of things to do for the day:

-Go to Aquarium.

-Go to Navy Pier to see a theatre show.

-Science museum

-Water taxi (In the evening so I could see all Chicago)

Once I was done planning we were at the Aquarium. I walked into the big doors and saw all the creatures and then went to the dolphin/seal show.

I had forgotten about Mason all through the aquarium, then I started to think about him again. How sweet he was and how I felt so bad for lying to him. I quickly thought of Chicago, the wonderful Chicago and jumped into the next taxi. Finally I arrived at the Navy Pier. I walked into one of the take out restaurants there before the show, since it was already 12:00pm.

"Cheese pizza, please," I told the man who worked at the counter.

"Oh the plain pizza huh?" He asked with a smile.

I laughed." Yeah." He got the pizza out for me.

"Thanks!" I said as I walked to an open table. It wasn't long before I had gobbled it up like a starved pig.

"12:30," I mumbled to myself. "I have 15 minutes until the show." I got up and walked over to the theatre and bought a ticket. The show started immediately.

"Wow this is so good, huh?" the person sitting beside me asked. I looked over at who it was. Mason.

"Mason," I said and gave a fake cough.