Chapter 2- The Wonders of Chicago.

Mason was dragging his feet behind me. We walked up to the luggage carousel to pick up our luggage. It took awhile so Mason and I sat on the Burgundy wood bench beside It until I  finally saw my purple set of suit cases and got up to get them.

"Mason!" I called "Do you see yours here?"  I hopped over to where Mason had fallen asleep on the bench. "Wake up Mason, It's time to wake up!" I sang as he quickly popped his head up.

"Oh, sorry. There's my luggage" he said while standing up, walking toward the luggage carousel. He pick up his dark suit case. "Let's go" 

It was silent for awhile, when we were walking out of the airport.

"So, how long how staying for? He asked me.

"Well, I'm staying here for a month. Then after this I'm going to New York City for 2 months. Then I'm heading off to The Caribbean and then Hawaii, for 2 months each. Then after that I'm travelling to Europe. I'm going to Paris, London, Venice, Greece and Barcelona for 2 months each. Then finally to Toronto to visit my grand parents for a month." I replied

"Oh wow, you're a traveller!" he exclaimed.

"I've never been out of L.A  in my life, so I wanted to get out of the place" I said. "How long are you staying here?"

"I'm going to college here for in 2 years, but i've decided to come a year early," he replied. "Do you have any reservations?" 

"No I don't, I don't have reservations for anywhere. I was just going to wing it for Chicago, and book all my other places later on, what about you?" 

"Yeah I do, I'm renting an apartment, until I start college, then I'll stay in a dorm. You're welcome to stay with me, If you want?" He offered.

"Well, maybe for a couple days..." I said, failing to hold back a smile.

We stood at the side of the road waiting for a taxi. Mason flagged down the yellow vehicle coming from down the road.

"Ladies first!" He said while opening the door for me.

It was very dark out. I pulled out my phone and checked the time, It was already 8:30pm.

Once the taxi driver stopped the car, I got out with my luggage. Mason met me at the front of the apartment. He opened the door with his key, I looked up.

"Is there an elevator?" I asked.

"Yes, I think its down the hall on your right" He replied.

"How do you know this?" 

"I have a map," he said as he showed me his map of the apartment building. I walked up to the elevator and pressed the button. The doors opened and we walked in.

The elevator moved fast up to the 9th out of 16 floors. We got out and he told me to look for apartment 915. I looked to the left, where all the odd number apartments appeared to be.

"Here it is!" He said, pointing.

I opened the door to see a decently decorated living room, with 2 leather black couches and  a black leather table to match. In the kitchen there was a stainless steal microwave, fridge, stove and dishwasher. The cupboards were a dark brown, kind of burgundy colour. I walked down the hall to see 3 bedrooms, one was bright pink, the other one was a brown colour and the last one was an ivory. In the pink bedroom there was a small bathroom.  Across from the bedrooms was a bathroom with a big jacuzzi tub.

"Wow, this is a nice place!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah it is!" He replied.

I placed my bag In the pink room, on the bed and started to unpack.