Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: "Perspective."

Chresanto:

My full attention was on the TV now. I was being sucked in by the twisted plot of this Fx horror show. I had forgotten about Akira who was sitting beside me. It wasn't till the credits began to faded on and off of the screen that I looked away from the big flat screen tv.

"Akira," I stopped short as I looked to my side. There she laid, her eyes closed shut and her body relaxed on the couch as her chest moved up and down with her soft breaths. She fell asleep. I stared at her for a moment, my eyes narrowing slightly as they focused on certain features. I feel like till this point, I haven't really looked at Akira. She looked so peacefully in her sleep, different than the smile that's always plastered on her face.

I reached my hand out and froze, contemplating for a second. I drew my hand back, letting it fall back onto my thigh. I sighed deeply and turn so my body was facing her. I stretched out another reluctant hand and brought it near her face. I slowly pushed the loose strands of hair from her face, tucking them behind her ear. She slurred around in reaction to my touch.

Yeah, I make her angry, yeah we argue; but her being here really means something to me. I can see why Sally doubts this relationship. I couldn't have a girl like Akira. I wouldn't have a girl like Akira. I would over look her and go for some tramp with big boobs just like Akira said. I'd look right past her without even thinking about it. Someone as....amazing as her wouldn't be with me because I wouldn't take time to see how beautiful she is. Inside and out. I'm glad she's here. I'm not lonely anymore. I'm in the company of someone who doesn't see me as the billionaire who buys countless companies. Money doesn't mean anything to her, she doesn't even like having me buy her food.

I'm finding that i'm becoming very comfortable in this little fake relationship we got going on and I think she is too. I can never tell what Akira is thinking. She's so hard to read sometimes.

I slipped my arms underneath her, and slowly stood up, picking her up with me. She wasn't heavy at all. It was easy to walk with her to the bedroom. I set her down on the bed, quickly taking the covers and pulling them over her body. She snuggled into the bed, turning around a few times till she liked the position she was in.

I chuckled to myself and walked back out to the living room. I switched the tv off and grabbed our bowls, walking into the kitchen. I washed our dishes quickly and dried my hands, shutting off the kitchen lights,along with the living room ones. I walked into the bedroom and closed the nice, white double doors. I looked at the bed to see Akira still sound asleep.

I climbed into bed, trying my best to keep my space from her. I know if we're too close, she'll have a fit in the morning. I turned so my back was facing her. We were facing opposite directions. I closed my eyes and started drifting off into sleep.

*~*~*~*

As I started to wake my body was becoming more aware of things around me. Like the fact that it wasn't morning yet. I fluttered my eyes opened and was not met by the shiny sun I was expecting. But, I was greeted by something. There was something snuggled into me with a slight weight on my chest. I looked to my left and my eyes widened drastically.

Akira. It's Akira. She snuggled into my side with her hand resting on chest. I froze at that very moment and my face started to heat up. I'm blushing. Ugh. I wasn't sure what to do. Should I wake her up? I turned my head to the right to look at the clock. It's only 2 in the morning? Why did I wake up so early? Well, I'm not gonna wake her. I'll just slowly remove her hand from my chest and pick her up, move her back in her spot.

Suddenly a whimper escaped her lips. I looked down at her face to see come conflicting features and expressions. I think she's having a nightmare. That made me hesitant. I think...I think I'll leave her like this, for now. I don't want to make anything worse. The spot where her hand lies is tingling. My heart is beating faster and I'm nervous. I really hate this. I'm suppose to be focused on this deal. Yet...here I am breaking my own rules.