Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty: "I Approve."

Akira:

I stepped out the shower, pulling on my robe. I wasn't gonna wear just a towel. I opened the bathroom door, stepping out into the bedroom where Chresanto was sitting on his phone. Is he working?

"I'm done," I called out, making him look up. He glanced over at me before looking down at his phone again. It was a moment before he set his phone down and climbed off the bed. He strolled into the bathroom, smiling at me for a quick moment. I watched the door close and waited till I heard the water turn on to change.

After getting on my underwear and everything, I pulled out my black and purple romper. It was a sort of zig-zag pattern with spaghetti straps. It wasn't one of the longer ones. It stopped a bit above my knees, showing my legs. I topped it off with some black sandals, a flower stuck on the very top of the sandal. After applying lotion to my legs and arms, I pulled on a simple with headband. I clapped my hands together, pleased with my outfit. I think I'll go ahead with Chresanto.

I slowly walked out the bedroom, just as i heard the water shut off. I left my hair down. Though the sun was out, there was a slight breeze. I closed the door behind me, looking both ways of the hallway. How do I get downstairs again? I walked down to my right, making a turn and seeing another long hallway. I could see the stairs down at the end. I started walking down the narrow hallway, hoping I wouldn't find myself lost. Once I found the staircase, I walked down them, being greeted by endless chatter.

"Akira!" Nathan, Chresanto's father, called out to me. That made many heads turn around to look my way. I held my breath for a moment, continuing down the stairs. I showed a friendly smile, the whole room just feeling warmer in general. Now this is a family. Something I could only dream of.

"We're all heading to the backyard now," Nathan said grinning widely at me. I nodded my head shyly,. Everyone started heading towards the backyard, which made you walk past the kitchen.

"Akira," Nathan began as the others raced ahead. I looked up at him, waiting for him to speak. I slowly stopped walking as he did the same. I was wondering where Ester, Chresanto's mom, was at the moment.

"I really just wanted to thank you." He began, leaving me a bit confused. Thank me? What for?

"We were so worried about Chresanto, we didn't know if he was taking care of himself or how he was doing. We live in the country area of New York so we don't get much of that celebrity stuff. He wouldn't answer our calls and has changed his number many times. Except for Kyle telling us that he's doing alright, we didn't know what was going on. He always threw himself into his work, so we were worried he'd overwork himself." He paused for a moment, the corner of his lips pulling into what looked like a sad smile.

"I'm just glad he's not alone anymore, and that he has someone to make him smile. I'm glad that he has someone who will tell him to stop working so he can rest. I know that the family and I just met you, but we love you already. Not just because you're a wonderful young lady, but you've taken care of Chresanto when we couldn't. Thank you." I stared at him blankly. I wasn't expecting that. All I could do was blink back. What am I supposed to say?

I opened my mouth to speak, but I was quickly cut off.

"I love sappy moments just as much as the next guy," Kyle said taking slow steps towards us, "But can we get going before all the food is gone?"

Nathan chuckled, nodding his head and walking ahead of us. I turned to Kyle with a thankful expression. He put his hand up, telling me to stop before I could even start.

"I just have one question," Kyle almost whispered, leaning towards me a bit, "I heard Chresanto's mom talking about how excited she is to help you with wedding plans.....how is that gonna work?" I didn't think of that!