Heaven and Hell (15)

Chapter Fifteen

“That was fun!” Georgina exclaimed as we got into her car after exiting the salon. As she had said, it was fun. I had never found a massage better than the one I had gotten half an hour ago. Georgina had appeared at my hotel room when I had been still sleeping since I had totally forgot to set my alarm for this morning. She had marched in with her red hair bouncing off her shoulders when I was still in my nightgown.

Georgina liked to think of me as the sister she never had. She was always cheerful, going on about the latest movies she had watched and the cute guys she saw; she didn’t let me get bored.

“You look fab by the way,” she complimented as the car started to move. For the first time, I didn’t feel like arguing with her because truth be told, I thought I looked good too. With immense persuasion from her I had ultimately decided to get red highlights in my hair. Not bright red though, a mixture between red and maroon and also, a manicure.

“Thanks, you too.” I told her as I glanced her way. She had dyed her hair, again, but this time the color wasn’t as vivid as it had been before, she looked amazing.

“Do you wanna go shopping or something? I feel like going and I’d really like it if you would come with me. It’ll be cool,” she asked as she turned a corner.

“Umm..okay,” I replied reluctantly.

As promised shopping was fun, I bought a deep maroon dress which was lovely. It radiated it's elegance. It was a plain sleeveless dress with light emboidery around the neckline. Georgina brought loads of stuff which I lost count of. She was really living her life to the full. I’d done it too even though it made me sad that it hadn’t lasted. Time never waits for anyone.

“So, this guy you’re with, what’s he like?” I asked after the shopping spree, as we sat drinking milkshakes. Georgina’s eyes lit up for a second before a nervous expression took over and I almost laughed.

“Promise you won’t tell Brent or anyone else. Not even Jeremy.” She said, a look of anticipation on her face. I knew she was dying to tell me but she was afraid I’d spill it to someone. That guy must be something then.

“I won’t. Promise. Now tell me,” I told her. I wasn’t going tell Brent and I wasn’t even talking to Jeremy. Both of them were really protective of Georgina, Jeremy had spent almost all of his life with Georgina and they had the sister-brother bond. I always assumed she was more closer to Jeremy than Brent because Brent wasn’t ever around, he was a good nine years older than her but Jeremy was five years older.

“Okay, he’s sort of the owner of the club we went to that night.” A faint blush was creeping up her cheeks and I smiled. That was why she had spotted him so soon and she’d probably taken me there with the intention of finding him.

“I feel really bad for leaving you like that but he wanted to take me somewhere-umm-and I couldn’t refuse,” she said. I chuckled with amusement at her bashfulness.

“I know. I get it. Is he nice?”

“To me, yes he is. But he’s sorta dangerous and different, you can say. Jeremy and Brent would never approve of him,” she explained, two red spots on her cheeks.

“Well if he’s good to you then there isn’t a problem, is there?”

“I suppose not,” she replied as she took a sip of her milkshake. I was silent after that as Georgina texted away on her phone. I took the time to observe my surroundings.

“Hey, is it your birthday today?” Georgina inquired, confusion etched across her face. I turned to face her with an equally perplexed on her face.