Chapter 14: Have You Lost Your Damn Mind?

I was stunned to say the least. It probably shouldn't have shocked me so much since one of his pack members was in the warehouse as my guard but I couldn't help it. Aside from my late father, Alpha Walter was the most respected wolf shifter in our territories. It was too much to handle. I never saw this coming.

When he arrived a few minutes ago he suggested that we have a chat. He sat down on one of the bar stools next to me. Johnny stood guard y the door and Tristan leaned against the counter watching us.

"How have you been Arianna?" Walter asked. He wasn't going to waste any time on silence.

"I'm fine," I responded curtly. I wasn't sure how I should address him now.

"I hope you enjoyed your little stunt with the rogue while you could because you are never going to see him again."

My fists clenched at my sides. I attempted to reign in my anger. It would be stupid to attack him with Tristan and Johnny in the room.

"I haven't been filled in completely so I have to ask," Water began but I cut him off. I already knew what he was going to ask me.

"Yes, Dante and I mated."

"Ah, I see. I'm afraid, Tristan, this is something we hadn't expected. The way we proceed around this has to be very careful."

"Proceed about what?"

"As you may or may not know, the council has agreed for the safety of our lands to allow Alpha Tristan to claim the Shadowlands and lead both packs."

"I already have a mate. He can no longer claim the Shadowlands as his pack."

"That's where you're wrong. If you renounce Dante as your mate then Tristan can fully claim you and your pack."

"I don't know if they already told you this, but I am never going to renounce Dante. Ever," I hissed at him.

I was beginning to lose my cool and my mind. When were these idiots going to get it through their heads that I wasn't going to give up my mate?

I closed my eyes and took a calming breath. I counted backwards from ten. It was something my father had taught me to calm myself down.

Instead of his face turning red with anger at my disrespect, Walter merely grinned at me. I definitely did not like the look he was giving me.

"I am very much aware that you are not going to willingly give him up. I came prepared."

"What do you mean prepared?"

"Why don't you let them in Johnny?"

Johnny pulled the door open and called out to someone waiting outside. He stepped aside to allow another man walk into the kitchen. He was holding onto a rope that was tugging someone behind him.

I gasped as I jumped off the kitchen stool to her side.

Her face was paler than ever. Those green eyes looked like they would never sparkle again. The rope around her wrists was tied too tight. It took me a few seconds before I could tear it away from her skin.

"Mommy," I whispered. I threw my arms around her neck and pulled her tightly to my body.

After a few moments she pulled out of the hug and looked into my eyes.

'Are you okay, Arianna?'

'I'm fine mom. What happened? Is everyone okay?'

'They're watching the house and have men posted all over our territory. We've been under their surveillance for days.'