Chapter 10 ~ First Lessons

“Traitor? Ella what are you talking about, do you think one of us would turn against the rest?” She asked, bewildered. We were in the bathroom, cleaning up the mess caused by Tia. I still felt really bad about her whole boyfriend situation with Nick.

“Yeah, that’s actually exactly what I mean.”

“But that’s crazy talk! We’re like family. Except, you know, we look nothing alike.” She said while combing my blonde hair, and the mac and cheese out of it hopefully.

“First off, family’s fight all the time. Second, it’s not crazy talk, I know what I saw. There are two possibilities and you know it. Are you going to help me or not?” I turned as best as I could, still on the crutches. Which were getting really annoying, I’m glad I only have to wear them for a few more days.

She rolled her eyes and picked off the last piece of jello on my dress, “Fine. This will be just like those cop shows we watch. I’ll be the bad cop. So, who’s the culprits?”

I bit my lip, thinking about the clues I had so far, “They have to have blonde hair so it’s not you, which I wouldn’t think you would, or Belle. So that leaves...”

Her eyes got wide, “Rapunzel or Rose?”

“Yeah, I’m afraid so. Actually I can narrow it down even further, Rose wasn’t at the lunch table when we left.” I said gloomily.

“Rose! That conniving little biscuit. Who does she think she is going behind our backs like that?” She exclaimed, holding the door open for me. I wasn’t very hungry after the whole fiasco but I felt bad for taking Snow away from her lunch. She opened the next door and I motioned for her to remain silent.

Sitting at the table, all of my friends looked worried. I noticed something weird about the cafeteria, it was quiet. I mean dead silent. Taking a second to look around, I could see that everyone was talking quietly among themselves.

“What happened in here?” I murmured to myself.

Apparently I wasn’t very quiet, “You. They’re all freaked out because of you.”

I looked at Mia, who was eating a salad. Really a salad? Like the poor girl wasn’t hungry enough. “What do you mean?”

She shrugged her shoulders as if it were really obvious, “Yeah, that charade you pulled before Tiana dumped her lunch over you.”

Charade? What Chara-oh. “So, why would people be silent?”

“Hayley’s the one with power. You sounded just like Hayley for a moment. That was enough for them to think you have power too.” She explained.

“Oh.” I suddenly got a better plan in my head to get power.

I smirked and let power radiate in my voice, “Well get used to it. I have like every right to be as popular as Hayley and I’m going to be just that.”

My friends exchanged glances, some happy others sad

I felt something vibrate and I looked down at my phone.

Andrew

Just so you know. I’m taking Hayley to the dance cuz I want to.

My shoulders slumped a little but I held my posture. I scanned the cafeteria and saw him, still sitting with her. His eyes met mine and I felt guilty but I knew this would end up okay. I just hope…

Actually I’m done with hope. Where had hope gotten me? Nowhere. It didn’t keep my mother alive and it doesn’t keep my dad aware. Hope didn’t stop Hayley, Penny or their evil mother from being mean. No, all it did was hurt me. Maybe as I get more power, that hope will go away.

Me

Good for u. I don’t really care.

I saw him look down at his phone and frown.

“Okay,” I started looking at the table, “There’s going to be some changes around here.”

Snow looked at me, concern written on her face. Rose and Rapunzel looked at each other and Belle actually looked up from her book. Mia held my stare and a smirk fell on her face.

“You know exactly what it takes. Teach me.”

All she did was laugh, not a real laugh though, a fake one. And that was my first lesson.  

SORRY IT'S TAKEN SO LONG AND THIS IS KINDA SHORT TOO. I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH SCHOOL, I'VE GOT MIDTERMS AND I'M APPLYIN FOR ACADEMIES.

ANYWAYS

VOTE 

COMMENT

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

SHARE WITH HUMANS, MAYBE EVEN SOME RABBITS IN WAIST COATS. OR HATTERS THAT ARE MAD. OR CATERPILLARS THAT SMOKE. OR TWINS, FREAKY TWINS. OR THE RED QUEEN. (OFF WITH YOUR HEAD IF YOU DON'T)

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN NEXT????? COMMENT BELOW :)

tHANKS,

~mADDIELY <3