Chapter 7 ~ A Few Lies Don't Hurt, Right?

"What is wrong with you? I can't believe you...you little freak." Hayley screeched. Her face was red and in her hands was a lump of cloth.

"What are you talking about, Hayley?" I asked calmly. My friends looked at me with shocked faces but turned their attention to Hayley.

"You know what you did. Don't try to play dumb though, I guess that's not too hard for you." Hayley smirked finally controlling her temper.

"I really don't know what you're talking about maybe if you could explain-" I was cut off

"Explain what? The fact that you try to steal my boyfriend or ruined my dress for the dance because you're guilty of both."

"I haven't done either of those things." I defended knowing I hadn't touched her dress.

"Yeah, Ella's been in here the whole time." Snow corroborated for me.

"So, how do you explain this." Hayley held up the cloth which was clearly a dress. I'm assuming it used to be white but was now a weird reddish tint to it. It was a shame- it was a sleeveless,short dress that looked terrible in red. I sighed knowing something red must have gotten into the washer with the whites.

I grabbed the garment from her and examined it, "I didn't even wash it, remember you said you didn't want me touching this." I figured she put it in the washer with something red so her mom would have to buy her a new one.

She looked at me now remembering what she said obviously regretting it, "Well someone did something to it and I'm telling mother it was you."

That didn't surprise me, she always went to her mother to get her way, "Okay, blame it on me but I didn't do anything so I don't know why you are mad."

"You are trying to steal my boyfriend!" She exclaimed.

"Since when are you and Andrew going out?" Rose asked. I remembered all of my friends were still here.

"Well he's not but he will be, you'll see because he definitely doesn't want Ella, she's too ugly."Her remark stung a little but I didn't let it get to me.

"Then why would she be a threat?" Rapunzel inquired.

"Scared she'll steal the spotlight?" This was Belle, which surprised me because she's usually the silent type.

"No, I just don't want her scaring him away from me. I mean just look at her- she's a worthless freak. I'm not sure why you hang out with her, she's just a loser." With that she turned and left. I felt tears coming to my eyes and I tried to blink them away before my friends noticed, it didn't work so well.

"Oh, Ella don't cry. She's not worth the tears." Snow said giving me a hug.

"Yeah, she's just jealous." Belle said helpfully.

"Of, what. She's right I'm a nobody. I'm a worthless freak. I'm a-" I was cut off by Rapunzel's glare.

"You are starting to get on my nerves," She started playfully, "Nah, I'm just kidding. You aren't getting on my nerves. Hayley is the one that gets on my nerves. She has no right to call you that."

"Yeah, and even if she did, what she says isn't true." Rose said kindly, "Ella, you are a wonderful person. Kind, pretty and you can name all the planets in the solar system. I can't get past Jupiter."

I gave a small laugh, wiping away my almost dry tears, "Saturn comes after Jupiter." 

"See! That just proves my point." She smiled.

She right you know. My mother's voice said.

"About me knowing the planets?" I asked.

"Well, yes that but also that you are a beautiful and talented girl." She responded.