Missing

Chapter 19   Missing

Unedited chapter, ignore any mistakes/grammatical errors xD

Carlisle sounded tense âBella, Maggie is missingâ

Once we got ready and came out, it was barely 5 am. We had to set off early in order to reach the Amazon and it was a long journey. Edward had special connections almost everywhere and I was beginning to understand the wonders money could do for us. We were boarding a private jet from the airway strip and it was a six hour flight to Manus and from there we had to take a boat in order to reach into the wilds. After that we would set off on foot and the journey would be quicker due to our speed. Amazon rainforest was huge but Edward was sure we would be able to locate Zafrina and her clan. Carlisle had vaguely given us directions to their area which was deep inside the forest.

I opened Jacobâs door while Emmett and Jasper dragged Edward off for a hunt in the local woods. He was still snoring his head off next to Renesmee who was curled up in a ball beside him. It was a wonder that she was able to sleep in such noise. I made a face as I walked over to Jacob to wake him up.

âJake, wake up. We need to get going in half an hour.â I shook him but got no response.

âJakeâ€Â¦JACOB!” He sat up with a start and rolled off the bed and landed on the ground, blinking up at me. His expression cracked me up and I started laughing and Renesmee got up due to all the noise and raised an eyebrow at Jacob.

“Why are you on the ground?” She asked him in a sleepy voice as she yawned, her bronze ringlets falling perfectly over her shoulders. She was just so beautiful and she was growing every single day. She looked a lot older than she did just two weeks ago. Her hair almost reached her hips.

“What the….” Jacob started and I was still laughing at him. I was remembering all the old times when I hung around with Jacob as I glanced at him fondly.

“Get up, lazy pants and please take a bath or something you still worse than usual.” I teased him as I helped him up. He sauntered off to the bathroom while grumbling about wrong ways of being woken up and I couldn't hide a smile. Renesmee went off for a shower in my bathroom. She would easily pass for a 7 year old but in technically she was just 1 year and a few months old. Seth and Leah were already ready, looking surprisingly well dressed. Edward had given Seth money to buy new clothes for themselves and even Leah had accepted them without a fuss. She actually looked pretty in her navy blue skinny jeans and a black cut sleeves cotton top. She had after all taken Jacob’s warning seriously this time. I threw a smile in her direction but she ignored me.

“Morning, Bells!” Seth greeted me enthusiastically as I ruffled his hair, which was quite a feat as he was so much more taller than me. His excitement was infectious. I grinned back at him just as Renesmee came out , wearing a frilly white top and sturdy jeans that I had chosen for her for today considering our tough journey. She greeted everyone and waved at Leah who just stared at her without any expression.

Suddenly I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I took it out to see who was calling me. The caller id said “Carlisle”

“Hello?” I said, feeling a bit uneasy.

“Bella? Is Edward there?”

“Carlisle..no he went off to hunt along with Jasper and Emmett. What happened?” I said quickly. Carlisle sounded tense.

“Bella, Maggie is missing.”

It took me a moment to process the information “What…what do you mean ..?”