Chapter Thirteen: Falling

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

**1 week later**

I walked shyly through the gates of my school. I was a year ten now, which means I had been asleep for over a year. Well that’s what they tell me, but I wasn’t asleep. I know it, it was way too real. But there is one thing that really bugs me, why can’t I remember most of it? I can’t seem to remember any of the boring bits of my life there, the more I try, the more it slips away. “BELLA!” I hear someone scream, and my day has started.

School was a drag, everyone was so excited that I was back, but I didn’t want to be here. I guess that is why I was here. On this cliff. I give up. Tears fall from my eyes as I look over the edge. I can’t.

“What was I thinking?” I mutter angrily to myself. Why was I even on that cliff? It’s not like I was actually going to jump. Was I? But that’s when I see it, a giant billboard with his face on it. Him. And I remember, I remember why I was on that cliff. Because I would do anything ANYTHING to see him again.

The wind blows my hair into my face, my eyes water from the effort of keeping them open. It’s raining, the rain mingles with my tears, drenching me in the cold water. I stand at the top, the very top of the building, staring across at the billboard. I sob quietly, letting the tears run down my face, not caring to wipe them away. I miss him. I miss him so much. I hear a slam behind me, “What the hell are you doing up here!?” I hear a familiar voice scream from behind me. I smile and chuckle to myself. “I going back Mikie,”

“To who, to WHERE?”

“To you silly, you and Jack,”

“You IDIOT! THAT WASN’T REAL! I’M TELLING YOU IT WASN’T!”

Now that one hurt, “I thought you of all people would understand,” I sob, that’s it, my last hope. It’s gone. I take a step closer to the edge, “Well then Mikie, if what you say is true, then what would happen if I went into another coma? Would I see him again? Would I see you again? The real you I mean,”

“Oh no, don’t even think about it! I am the real me! CANT YOU SEE IT!?” Mikie starts to scream at me hysterically, he just doesn’t get it. “No, you aren’t,” I sigh, “The real you would understand. Goodbye Mikie, I guess I’ll see you on the other side,” I finish with a small, sad smile. He screams, I take another step, and then I’m falling. Falling. Falling.