An elemental Justice

Hi this is the first story to "Element is just another word for nature" This one isn't very long but i'm making its sequel longer so I hope you like this story. Sorry if it isn't very good. I'm hopeless at writing and don't have much patience with it. Just please tell me the honest truth and how i can fix it. I really would like to know. On with the story =]

CHAPTER 1:

FACING REALITY

I've never really considered death. Death is a curious thing. What happens when you die? Where do you go? Heaven? Hell? At least I know one thing. I will never die alone. I plan to die surrounded by my family. Or I did.

My plans were ruined when my parents got murdered on Friday night. They at least got to die together, I am an only child, who am I going to die with? I have no brother, no sister. Life isn't fair. Now I am have to live with my parents best friends. I'm leaving today. I have never met them, I don't want to meet them, I don't want to be around humans anymore. They just don't understand.

I close my diary and sigh. I hear the police car that has come to take me pull up outside my house, but I don't care. I'm not ready to go. In fact I'm in the bath right now just to delay my leave. I hear them knock on the front door and my neighbor answer it. "Is she ready"? The distant voices reach my ears. "She just in the bath, she will be down soon". Mrs. Jals, my neighbor, she hates me, just like everyone else. She's just forced to look after me, ever since my parents were murdered a couple of nights ago. In this house, in the family room to be exact. I was out in the forest at the time. I was lucky, apparently. I didn't see it as luck, now I have to be alone for the rest of my life. I groan and sink underneath the water of my bath. I open my eyes to see the ceiling distorted from the water. I breathe in, the water running through my lungs. But I don't drown. No, I can't drown. I can sleep under water and would never drown. My parents called me an elemental. A freak who can control an element. Except. I can control 2 of them. Water and earth. I don't see this as a gift though; I see it as a curse. I can't have friends or anything; everyone thinks I'm weird. My parents are the only ones who understand... well were the only ones who understood. And even then we weren't always on the same page.

I rise up from the bath and dry off. I grab the only clothes that aren't packed and put them on. Slowly, I walk down the stairs to the officers sitting on the lounge, Mrs. Jals sulking on the dining chair. "About time Kiana", she says my name mockingly, like I'm not worthy of the title 'human being'. But ironically, she right in a way. I'm not human.

She jumps up and goes to the door. "You don't need me anymore". Without a goodbye or even a good luck she walks out the door and slams it shut. See what I mean? Everyone hates me.

"Miss. Brooks?" the officer questions.

"Who else is here"? I say blandly.

"Miss, do not insult me".

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, lets just go already". They stay silent, not commentating further on my rudeness. Maybe they feel sorry for me, giving me a break because I no longer have parents. Or maybe they're afraid of what would happen if I get angry. Scared that I will infect them with my weirdness. Like everyone else in this stuck up town. I jump to the floor, grab my bags and walk out of the house. I hear them following me. The second officer lets me into the backseat and they climb into the front. I stick my ipod into my ears to drown out my thoughts as I slowly fall into a deep slumber.