An Elemental Justice chp7

CHAPTER 7:

A FIGHT AND TEARS

A week. That is how long I have been stuck in this hole. And it really is a hole. Everyone is so stuck up and proper. Argh, and not to mention that I found out that both Caiden and Hunter like me. Oh and did I mention that Alec does to? Well yeah, he does and I'm about to go crazy. I'm ready to strangle them all.

"Miss Brooks, are you listening, this concerns your safety". The head of the royal guard has been droning on for ages. Blah, blah, blah, I really don't care. "Yeah, yeah, I got it. Stay safe". I say. He frowns at me.

"That's the point of it all but I don't think you were listening to me". Is he serious? Of course I wasn't listening. Apparently all of that showed up on my face because he said, "Miss, this isn't acceptable, it isn't a joke, your safety is crucial and you must take it seriously".

"So why don't you tell it to Kiara? She can tell me all the rules later". I say. He's getting a little frustrated I think?

"Because she's gone for the next week",

"And your not allowed to tell me why, right?"

"The reason why Chase, Cindy and Kiara has left is none of your concern, all you have to concentrate on is staying safe and training your powers". The guard says agitated.

"Ahh... I see, the whereabouts of my twin sister is none of my concern. So if she gets in danger I can't rescue her?" I wonder how long it will take to crack him?

"If she gets in danger, we will save her, not you. You are too valuable to lose".

"So she's disposable is she?" I ask angry.

"No, of course not. We just can't risk loosing both of you". He says desperately.

"I'm still not convinced, I don't trust you and I defiantly won't be taking safety tips from you, because as far as I'm concerned, you want to kill me". I say. He looks at me like he really is going to kill me now. "WHY WOULD I WANT TO KILL YOU, I HAVE'NT BEEN SITTING HERE FOR THE LAST 4 HOURS TRYING TO EXPLAIN SAFETY RULES FOR NO BLOODY REASON!" He yells. I think I've cracked him. I decide to push it further. "4 hours? Has it been that long? Huh it feels like a couple of minutes. I haven't learnt anything". I say cheerfully. His face turns red. He pushes back his chair and storms out of the room slamming the door behind him. I collapse into laughter. What a sucker. "I'M FREE!" I yell on the top of my lungs. I run around the room trying to get bloody pumping into my legs again. "Kiana Brooks, What do you think you are doing?" Alec's voice sounds out through the room. I stop in my tracks and turn to face him. "I'm celebrating". I reply simply. He frowns at me.

"I just met a very agitated guard out side ripping at his hair". He says. Whoops.

"He must have had a bad day", I say, but it comes out sounding more like a question.

"He told me that he couldn't work with someone who can't listen or take safety seriously". He says sternly. I give a weak smile.

"He was boring", I timidly explain. He sighed and walked over to me.

"I won't put you through that again, but please just be careful and don't go outside alone". He reasons. I nod.

"Also, where is Kiara?" I ask innocently.

"She training with her powers by a volcano, she'll be back in about a week". I stare at him blankly. "You told me?" I ask. He gives me a funny look.

"Why shouldn't I tell you?" I growl. Stupid guard, I'm going to rip the rest of his hairs out. Without answering Alec I sprint to the door and yank it open to see an empty hallway. "Damn, he left", I growl to myself.

"And that is important why? Alec asks from behind me. I jump in shock and turn around to tell him off but to my surprise he is about 1cm away from me. My head comes up to his chest. I never noticed how tall he was. I move my head up to see him gazing down at me silently. Slowly he moves his head down towards me. My heart start pumping hysterically. His lips barely grazes mine and he chuckles. That snaps me back into reality and I shove him away catching him by surprise and tripping him up. He crashes to the floor. I stare in shock, I hadn't expected to actually make him fall to the floor. "I cant believe you pushed me, what was that for?" Alec asks annoyed.

"And I can't believe that you actually fell, as a demon aren't you meant to have like, super balance or something?" I ask, close to laughing.

"We can fall if we don't expect it", he snaps. I think I made him angry.

"Well sorry but you were getting way to close and I'm sorry but I don't know how I feel about you". I say defensively.

"Then why did you let me get that close in the first place, obviously you must feel something for me". Alec retaliates.

"I was shocked, I couldn't move". Great now I'm getting emotional.

"Yeah sure you were, you were probably just playing me, is that what you do to all the guys, lead them on and then chuck them away, I wouldn't be surprised, you're just a whore, I want you to stay away from here, leave the palace... or is that to hard for you? Too many guys you haven't hooked up with yet?" He says nastily. I stare at him. Did he really just say that? My breath catches in my throat and as I turn away I feel a tear slip through my lashes. "Oh no, Kiana... I'm sorry, I don't know what just went through my head". I hear Alec say from behind me. I don't listen, I just run.