an elemental Justice chp4

CHAPTER 4:

THE OTHER KIANA

"Is she ever going to wake up?" I hear someone say loudly.

"Shut up Chase, she's sleeping". That was defiantly a girl.

"Whoops, sorry hun". Chase whispers. I groan and open my eyes. I hear a gasp.

"She's awake, Kiana can you hear me?" A woman's voice asks.

"Allow us". A hushed whisper said.

"Can you hear us little Piranha?" Two voice ask together

"Oh no, not you two". I groan. I hear a few chuckles.

"There you go mother, she's responding". Hunter's creepy hushed voice says. That's when yesterday's memories hit me. I sit up suddenly. "What happened"? I asked hurriedly. Then I take a good look at everyone. Hunter and Caiden were closest to me I noticed to my distaste, then was their mum, Chase and... me? I jump up from the couch "What the hell!?" I screech. I point at me... her? I shake my head. "Who are you?" She or me chuckled.

"My names Kiara and as you noticed I look exactly like you".

"No kidding", I mumble. Then everything falls into place. Why their mum was so confused at the door, Why Chase reacted weirdly when he saw me and told him my name. I shake my head. Directing my question at Kiara I ask "But you look exactly like me, how is that possible".

"Well... ok I'm sorry, but you were out for a week and this look alike thing was creeping me out so I had a DNA test done. I'm so sorry, I know I should have asked your permission but I just had to know if you were somehow related". She said this all really fast and guiltily. I gaped at her. "A DNA test? A week?" Was all I could get out. She quickly continued, "yeah, we will get the results later today, I really hope you don't hate me". I smiled at her, still in shock.

"No, no, it's fine". I said weakly. She grinned happily.

"Oh good, I was so worried that you would hate me and then we would become enemies and all that. I'm just glad that everything's fine". This girl talks fast.

"Yeah, no, that's fine... just what happened to me and why doesn't my stomach hurt?" I pull up my shirt to see no scratches. I blink and look again to see if I was dreaming. Nope, not dreaming. I take a deep breath and look at everyone around me. Chase answered me. "Hunter and Caiden found you, they like to go walking in the forest in the mornings and found you by yourself just as you were collapsing with the scratches. Also it's been a week, scratches usually close up by then... right?" He looks uneasily at me.

"No they don't, they have to close up, scab over and even then I would still have pink lines or even scars for ages, also what do you mean I was alone. What about the wolves?" I say.

"Oh... cra..." Chase starts.

"We are good with healing herbs and the scratches weren't deep". Hunter says

"There were no wolves, you were alone". Caiden adds in. I look at them disbelievingly. "Why don't I trust you two, is it the fact that your creepy or the fact that your weird". Everyone laughs including the twins. Does everyone ignore me here? Then their mum cuts in. "Nothing else matters except that you're safe and well". She beams at me. "Oh and by the way my name is Cindy". My mouth shapes an O shape. "Hi Cindy" I say awkwardly. What's someone meant to say from that?

Suddenly the phone rang making me and Kiara jump in shock, the rest of the family stayed still as if they were expecting the phone to ring. Chase looks at me and Kiara. And then jumped. "Oh, haha that was scary". I look at him weirdly.

"Chase... the phone rang like 10 seconds ago, why did you get scared now?" He looks nervous, "uhhh".

"Our brother has always been a bit of a tool". Caiden says in my ear.

"He was always the slow child", Hunter adds in my other ear. I laugh nervously and scoot myself away from them.

Kiara's voice cuts in. "Are you serious!?" She squeals into the phone. "Oh thank you so much doctor". She hangs up the phone and propels herself towards me launching her body onto me hugging me tightly. "I'm your twin, I'm your twin, I'm your twin". She shrieks over and over again. Her words sink in. I'm stunned. I have a sister. No... I have a twin.