Chapter 36- Paris

Melody's POV

I stand up from my spot on the floor.

I have been sitting in the same spot for two days. My mom tried to get me to eat but I couldn't.

I don't know why I kept going to school after I found out. I guess I just wanted to feel normal.

I only found out I had cancer in the time when I was ignoring Tyson and then I thought Tyson was dying when he was in the 'accident' and I was terrified and I wanted to push Tyson away because I didn't want him to feel what I felt but I couldn't help it, I love Tyson and I want to be with him and I shouldn't have said yes to being his girlfriend. He's right, I am selfish.

I get in the shower and let my mom drive me to school. It sounds crazy but I want to be with my friends and I want to be treated like a normal person. I don't want people to look at me and feel sorry for me because I am dying.

I climb out the car and walk into the school where people are walking around and laughing with their friends.  

Jessica walks up to me with a smile, "Where have you been girl?" she asks and I shrug and walk to my locker, pulling it open.

She groans, "Okay well I have physics now. I'll see you later." she says and walks away. I haven't told Jessica either. I know, I'm probably the worst best friend ever but I didn't have the strength to tell anyone, not even her.

I walk down the hall and see Tyson. He is kissing Brittany... Again. Stupid son of a donkey.

I walk up to him, pull him away from Brittany and slap him straight across his face. He stares at me, shocked.

"What was that for?" Tyson asks and I turn to look at Brittany who is smirking at me.

I pull Tyson away from her and he waits for my answer. Brittany walks off and I sigh, looking at the floor. "I know I am selfish, Tyson, and you know what? So are you. I should have told you but I was scared. I found out last month that I am going to die! I won't be able to graduate. I won't be able to get married. I'm still a freaking virgin, Tyson! I have never been overseas. I will never get the chance to be excited over things like getting accepted into a university or finding out I am pregnant. I will never have kids. I will never get to go bungee jumping or swimming at a beach. I'm am going to die before I get the chance to live." I say, tears rimming my eyes.

"So can you maybe wait till after I die and then you can start making out with sluts again?" I spit and Tyson stares at me, not saying a word. Say something, damn it!

"I have liked you for a really long time, Melody." he tells me, watching for my reaction, "Five years." he whispers.

"I knew I never had a chance with you because you were so different. You were always happy and smiling and I finally got the chance to have you. You were finally mine and then I find out that you're..." Tyson wipes the tears away from his eyes and sniffs.

"I'm so sorry. I started freaking out because I'm not ready to loose you. I'm not ready to let you go and I panicked which I shouldn't have. I'm so so so sorry. I know it's not you're fault and you are so amazing. I love you so much, cupcake." he whispers and pulls me into a tight hug.

I breathe in his cologne and smile, a tear falling down my cheek. I don't want to leave. What if I'm not ready?

"Let's go somewhere." Tyson says and smiles at me.

"Somewhere? Like a park or something?" I ask.

"No. I want you to feel like you have lived. I want you to do anything you want and I will do anything to help you. I will always be here for you, Melody." he says.

I don't want to lose this.

I start crying really hard, "I don't want to die, Tyson." I say. I want to stay with my mom and my brother and Tyson and Jessica and I want to grow up the way Peter Pan never wanted to. I hug Tyson tightly and he brushes his fingers through my hair, not saying a word.

"Let's go to Paris." Tyson says after a while and I pull away from him with wide eyes.

"What? Are you crazy? How the hell would we do that?" I ask.

Tyson shrugs, "I'll pay." he states and smiles.

"Nope. No way, I won't let you. We can just go watch a French movie with subtitles or something, it I'll be like we're there." I say, shaking my head. I can't let Tyson do this for me.

"What about Mauritius?" Tyson asks and my jaw drops. Yup, it's official, he's insane.

"Please let me take you there. I wouldn't want to go with anyone else." Tyson asks and pouts. I smile and nod, pulling Tyson into another hug.

"You're amazing." I whisper and look up into his eyes. He leans down to kiss me and I move away from his lips, "Ew, you still have slut on your mouth." I state and Tyson just chuckles as I roll my eyes.

*-*-*

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG