Chapter 16

Dedicated to @Elly_Alexa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16:

Brianna's P.O.V.

I rolled over in my bed, knocking the phone off. It tumbled onto the carpet and I swatted at it blindly, lifting it up and putting it on the nightstand beside me. I blinked open my eyes and rubbed them with the back of my hands, trying to get a better view of the room.

Once again, the shadows were easier to see. They were an off white now in contrast to the black.

Soon enough, my vision would be back. I hope.

I ran a hand through my messy hair, a grin tugging at my lips.

The phone rang and I winced, praying the call would be nothing like the one in my recent dream.

"H-hello?" I stuttered.

"Hey Brianna, I totally forgot that we have an interview today," he sighed.

"Oh, that's okay Harry," I told him, no longer worrying.

"I really did want to hang out with you today, but I have to go. Management would kill me if I didn't g-"

"Harry, it's fine. I understand," I interrupted him, assuring him that I wasn't too disappointed.

"You can come if you want," he suggested, his voice full of relief.

"Okay sure, when do I need to be ready?" I was glad he invited me, otherwise I would've had nothing to do today. I probably would have ended up staying in my pyjamas, watching re-runs of some of my favourite television shows and eating anything I could find in the mini fridge.

"I'll pick you up in about an hour," he said.

"See you then." I hung up the phone before going to get ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat backstage at their interview, waiting patiently.

One of the makeup artists had decided to try a look that she said would look great on me and was now applying mascara to my lashes.

I didn't mind, specifically because it was impossible for me to do my own makeup anymore, but to be honest I think she was just bored out of her mind and wanted something to do to occupy her time.

I had never had my makeup professionally done before and it was all a bit peculiar to me.

"Shouldn't you be doing one of the boy's makeup or something?" I asked her, careful not to move my face too much.

"Nah, they're already done. Besides, you use barely any makeup on boys. It's really just for the cameras. Doing a girl's makeup is way more fun," she gushed.

I giggled at her response. It's not like I was going anywhere special today and I wasn't the one getting interviewed in front of thousands of people, but it was still really sweet of her.

"I'm Amanda by the way," she stated, finishing off the final touches.

"I'm Brianna," I replied.

"Come on boys! We go on air in one minute!" a man shouted, urging the four boys to get in place.

"Break a leg!" I called after them.

I heard the overlapped responses to my statement from the boys and smiled to myself. This was the first interview I had ever been to. The process was rushed and unfamiliar to me. Of course I've seen plenty of interviews on television, but watching them from your living room doesn't compare to actually being in the studio where it's filmed.