fourteen : brother & sister

A few days had passed since Thea had left Star City to live in Corto Maltese, and a lot had happened since then. Arden was going to the field almost every night, Oliver and Felicity had been more close and Roy had stopped trying to talk to Arden since he knew she didn't want to talk to him.

They were going back to the lair after stopping a criminal and Arden was surprised to find Captain Lance next to Felicity and Diggle.

"Guys, why is Captain Lance here?" Arden asked with wide eyes.

"He's a friend." Oliver assured and Arden gulped, but sent a small smile.

"I know you," Captain Lance announced, making all eyes turn to him. "You're that girl from-"

"The music shop!" Arden finished nervously, not wanting Oliver to find out. Captain Lance looked at her and nodded knowingly.

"Yeah, I pass that place a few times a week." Captain Lance agreed and Oliver just looked suspiciously at Arden. Roy stood there as he watched intently at Arden.

"Well, not trying to be rude, but why are you here?" Arden asked Lance with a small smile.

"Just paying a visit and telling them that I'm back and so is Donna." Captain Lance said, the last part towards Felicity.

"Donna is my mom," Felicity added.

"Then I can't wait to meet her," Arden replied.

"Oh, you can. We're inviting all of you to dinner." Captain Lance announced nervously as if he was hiding something.

"Okay," Felicity answered suspiciously.

"Lis, let's get ready for the dinner."

Arden, Felicity, Oliver, Diggle and Roy stood impatiently outside of Laurel's apartment, now Quentin's. The door opened revealing a blonde woman with a short purple dress on.

"Mom," Felicity greeted her mother with a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. Oliver followed and hugged the woman, so did Diggle. Roy came up and introduced himself with a different name, hoping she wouldn't recognize him from the news. It was Arden's turn to introduce herself to Felicity's mom. She walked up to the blonde and flashed a big smile.

"Hello, you must be Donna." Arden said, reaching out for a hand but was brought into a hug instead. As she pulled away she spoke sweetly again, "I'm Arden, Felicity's friend."

"And mine." Oliver added from the back, making Arden's smile widened.

Donna smiled sweetly, "It's nice to meet you. Felicity has told me a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope." Arden replied with a chuckle, stepping into the apartment. She passed the living room and stopped as she caught sight of a beautiful picture framed and hung on the wall. It was Oliver, a very beautiful brunette woman and a very handsome blue eyed man.

"Those were my friends," Oliver said from behind, making Arden jump in shock. She relaxed and took a better look at the picture.

"Is that Laurel?" Arden asked as she stared at the beautiful brunette and Oliver nodded. "Who's that?" Arden asked, pointing at the dark haired, blue eyed man.

"That's Tommy, he passed away in the quake." Oliver said sadly and Arden nodded.

"I know what it's like." Arden said softly, taking a deep breath.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Oliver asked, looking at Arden now. She turned to look at him and nodded. "No matter how grumpy I seem, I will listen to you, Arden. We may have met like a month ago, but you're like a sister to me."

"I know, and you're like a brother to me, Ollie. Can I call you that?" Arden asked smiling and Oliver nodded with a chuckle. "You're the best and as soon as I'm ready to tell you about my life, I will."

"Good." He replied with a warm smile, "Now, let's go eat dinner."

Turns out, the dinner was to announce that Donna and Quentin were in fact engaged. Donna told the story of how he asked her in a fancy restaurant while having a romantic dinner very happily. And now they were heading to Arden's apartment walking since it was very close, Felicity by Oliver's side and Roy behind Arden, Diggle had gone home earlier, since Sara was apparently sick. Roy walked faster to catch up with Arden and spoke hesitantly.

"I know you don't want to talk but I'm gonna say two things," Roy said and Arden signaled him to keep talking, "First, you look beautiful as always." He said with a small smile which Arden returned, "Second, I know something's bothering you."

"What do you mean?" Arden asked confused, she glanced over to Roy but kept walking. They were almost there, Arden could already see the building from where she was.

"Ever since Captain Lance got here, you've been acting strange." Roy explained, "Tell me what's bothering you."

Arden sighed before looking into Roy's eyes, "Lance is the one who handled the abusive ex case, he arrested him." Arden whispered, making sure Oliver didn't hear.

"Oh," Roy said in realization before Arden walked into the building.

All of them took the elevator in silence and made their way to Arden's apartment.

Oliver smiled at the small cozy apartment, "I want some dessert."

"Let's make cookies!"