Chapter 11

June

I don't know what to think. He remembers. Is that good or bad? Should I have agreed to try 'us' again? I feel like a teenager again and I'm not completely sure I like it. My scars have healed and it seems as if his has as well. Maybe I'm being too dramatic. Yes, thats got to be it.
     "hey you okay?" Day Inquires brushing away a chunk of hair that managed to slip form the tight grip of my ponytail. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves and allow myself to speak.
  "No," Days usually bright eyes dim a bit in hurt, "you didn't let me finish. Im great" I say kissing him. He places with of his hands on my cheeks in order to pul me closer. Were both grinning like fools. Finally we pull away from the kiss. "I love you" I whisper. It just seems like a moment when it would be weird for me to use my usual voice. He looks like he might cry.
      "I love you so much June. I never wanted to leave your side. Leave you alone. I never stopped loving you. You have to know that." Well shoot. Now I'm going to cry. Day smiles down at me as if he's happy that I may cry. I hit him lightly on the chest.
"Your so mean. I know you want me to cry." I say laughing off the tears. He plays dumb.
"What? Why would I want my beautiful girlfriend to cry>" He says lightly pushing my right shoulder. We both lightly laugh, something we didn't do much as teens. Day reached out and grasps my hand. "I forgot how little your hand was"
     "I thought yours was smaller" I state.
     "Mine is the perfect size. It's the perfect pocket for yours" Day says.
      "That's cheesy" I say scrunching up my face. Day looks down at me and shakes his head. He opens his mouth to say something but decides otherwise. "It was cute though" I whisper brushing my cheek against his. Day shivers, I smile happy that after ten years I can still get the same reaction.
"Your cute" he whispers back. My cheeks heat up easily turning crimson. Embarrassed I look at the jumbotrons as if the latest news is interesting. We haven't had too many problems lately the last case I took was the first in three months. Day notices and steps in front of me grabbing my cheeks. "I love you" he says and kisses me lightly.
     "No you don't, not yet" I say repeating the phrase from when he said the three words first. Day kisses my nose.
     "You know I do though. And I know you love me." He says pecking my lips once more. "But if you don't feel free to tell me I can leave. I have been without you for ten years. Now I can't say I didn't miss you-"
     "You didn't even know who I was. I went without you for ten years." He looks at me sadly I laugh lightly. "But it was worth it to have you now. I love you Day"

Okay guys so I have something kinda sucky to say and it's that This is probably the last chapter. I'm really sorry but it's so much stress and I write for relaxation. Also I'm a freshman (9th grader) and it's a lot harder than middle school. Now with the ski season coming up I will really have no time to write. I'm sorry for the quick end and how short/badly written it was. I hate doing this but i feel like it would be bad for me to continue. News wise I'm writing an original story (which won't be up for awhile) and I want to kick it into high gear and finish it. Again you guys have no idea how hard it is for me to let go but I need to. I love you all so much and I'll see you in the next book.

💕Avery