TMHTLY (A Hermione Granger Love Story) ... 4

A/N: [Edited 1/28/2016]  Hello again~!

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter 4: Blaise, My Boy

"Hermione Granger masturbates once a week!" Zabini suddenly shouted back, eyes bewildered but sharp.

I glower at him, cheeks stained on principle alone. My hand had dropped. Our stances were practically an old western duel. I can't let him win. It would cost me my pride and my self-assurance. If I can beat Zabini in a simple retorting contest I would feel better. Whoever shoots fastest wins.

For a moment, I think of a response, one that would sound witty and something no one else would know. "Blaise Zabini didn't start puberty until he was fourteen years old!" That had to be harsh, I figured.

Zabini stared at me for a moment, lips a thin line. This was a strong contrast from his usual pseudo-pout and smirk combination. The look still somehow suited his features. If I looked closely enough I'd be able to see the wheels in his head turning round trying to find something up to par. A light seemed to pop on in his head.

Giving a chuckle, Zabini starts, "Watch out everyone," he waved a hand in my general direction, getting our audience's attention completely. "Granger's starting her period next week!" Titters of laughter float across the room, mostly from the Slytherin table. I can't help but scowl at Pansy, who I knew for a fact was on her period right now. It was just a girl thing to know such things about each other. Plus she had regrettably asked me for something in the lavatory earlier this morning.

I reflexively crossed my arms across my stomach. This motion just seemed to make Zabini laugh all the more hard. Shoving his hands in his pocket, he began a strut of success over to me, as if to collect a prize. Like hell I would let him win this; if that was how he wanted to play this, I would just have to play back.

"Blaise Zabini's dick is only six inches long!"

It hadn't been a fact that I had found embarrassing per se. Yet the admission came out in a petulant, desperate tone intending to surprise. Zabini stops midstride. All the color from his face drained before it beamed bright red from both fury and embarrassment. All noise in the Great Hall ceases. They were waiting for how Zabini would respond. For a couple more minutes I wait patiently for his reply. When none came, I smirked at him. Giving him a finger wave, I twirled around and sashayed out of the Great Hall doors, my pony tail flouncing behind me. Behind my back was Hogwarts: A History, bouncing against my butt and stuck in a death grip from my clammy palms. It was a security blanket to hide my shaking hands.

"Blaise, you told me it was eight—"

"Shut up, Goyle!"

I ignored Zabini's angry yells after that and turned to go up the main steps.

Instead I nearly bash straight into someone leaning against the one closed Great Hall door.

"Whoa there," says a too familiar voice as I stumble back.

"Caden!"

-------| Luna's POV |--------

It was humorous how clueless two people could be. Hermione was always one to see everything in a large perspective and not see minor details until the last minute. Though I would never be the one to tell her so. She'd have Violet plan my death, slow I would think. Perhaps involving magnificent creatures called "sharks."

Blaise was still going on a rampage, as laughable as that was, but had cooled down enough to sit himself back down. Blaise never lost his cool, so I figured it was my time to interrupt.

He had gone back to eat his food, glaring funnily at the plate next to his. It had been Hermione's. As he went to chuck it across the room at a still laughing Gryffindor, I quickly cleared my throat behind him. Growling, Blaise dropped the plate back onto the table but turned around to face me. Instantly, he realized how he been acting not two minutes ago.

"Blaise, my boy, how are you today?" I smile jokingly at him from behind a pair of blinkers.

He laughs sourly. I wasn't a Gryffindor, so I was okay to chat with or have short commentary with. I will never understand a Slytherin's logic.

"Fine, Loony. Now what has you comin' across to Slytherin territory?" Blaise ruffles his too short hair and attempted to cool down more by taking deep breaths. Turning him around in his seat, I straighten his tie and grin down. 'Loony' wasn't a name I was unfamiliar with. Only a few select people called me it in normal conversation, or rather most of the time it was accidental. When Blaise said it, it was more of an acquaintance-like act.

"Hermione, of course. She is my best friend after all. That was an interesting show you two provided, quite entertaining, I must say."

"That girl drives me bloody crazy, Loony," Blaise grinds out, gripping his fork.

"Agreed. Hermione isn't quite what you expected, is she?"

"Far from, Loony. Far from."

========

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess