TMHTLY (A Hermione Granger Love Story) ... 2

A/N: [Edited: 1/27/2016] Hello!

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter 2: I Want To ...

I want to punch an infant in the face. I want to tackle a sumo-wrestler. I want to make a baby drop their ice cream cone. I want to—to—I want to force a dog to eat Draco's homework! I want to run over an elderly woman as she attempted to walk with a walker across the street. I want to rip the head off of a child's favorite stuffed animal. I want to sue McDonald's for making nasty and unhealthy food.

I wanted a lot of things, most of which were violent.

Most of all, I wanted to chuck my favorite book at Blaise Zabini for following me all the way back to the Great Hall. He continued to talk, his words only trickling over the back of my mind. Whether it was about how Draco was staying at Violet's or that I really had no chance with Caden, it didn't matter. Zabini talked about it all. No matter how many times I tried to block him out, lose him on the moving stairs, or convince him to leave, I never seemed to rid myself of his annoying atmosphere. His sauntering strides matched mine, his brown eyes never leaving my face as we walked.

"Zabini," I ground out as I finally entered the Great Hall. We stopped briefly inside the doors. I was gripping my book a bit too tightly in front of me. My knuckles were white and my fingers hurt. My palm were sweaty though, slightly nervous about his presence. Which is completely ridiculous. He needs to go bother Pansy or read one of those Quidditch magazines he and Draco like so much. Anything but be bothering about a boy I might think is really cute.

"Yes?" He smirked when he noticed my tense attitude.

We were alone. Luna had gone to see if Neville had stayed at Hogwarts. She claimed that he had been indecisive about staying or not. He had said he would let her know and never had. As soon as Zabini had practically signed up to help me with my love life, the petite blonde had scurried off in the opposite direction of the Great Hall. On her face had been the ever-familiar small smile of hers. She knew something.

Zabini turned completely to face me. I had to look up to match his stare.

"I love that you're willing to help me with my love life, but I don't need it right now. So you can just bugger off." I twisted a smile upon my face and brushed a lock of my hair out of my face. During the dry season it tended to get a bit more unruly and hard to handle. The pony I had put it in earlier was like the back end of hay-broom. Real attractive, I'm sure. I had needed it out of my way while I was reading, not really expecting Zabini to see me this way.

I began walking towards Luna.

Zabini stepped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. His dark skin just about glowed under the floating candles and his face was fractured by deep-set shadows. He looked—

"Ah, but you see!" Zabini interrupted my thought. "You were just so kind to me during Anatomy that I can't help but be generous back. Don't you recall just how nice you were to me, Granger?" This was emphasized by rising of eyebrows from him and flush from me. "I believe you deserve an award in Superb Attitude and whatnot! I should just tell everyone how nice you've been to me! They would be glad to hear so many new things about you, don't you agree?"

Sarcastic little—

"Ah-ah-ah!" Zabini whispered while leaning into my flaming, scrunched face. He had successfully stopped the tirade I just nearly spewed across the floorboards. I was a bit thankful to be spared from the embarrassment. We were in the Great Hall after all, even if there were only ten other people around us. Zabini's pointer finger was in my face, flicking back and forth teasingly, shaking in a 'no-no' form. "No swearing, my dear, it leaves a bad taste on the tongue!"

"You speak from experience, I assume," came from my mouth with no stutters or pauses, thankfully.

The chuckle he gave left me with a twist of pride. It felt rough under my stomach, curling underneath, warm and secure. After he gave me a sideways glance, everything seemed to click into place. "Anatomy," "tell everyone," "new things about you."

Oh, he wouldn't.

He definitely would.

That's why he acted as if he had the upper hand! He did have the upper hand. The one thing that scared me was that he knew he had it. Such a bad combination, especially in a Slytherin. Zabini knew everything about me, everything personal. He knew my bra cup size, when I started my period, even how far I've gone with a boy. I had only told him all of that for the good mark!

He knew everything.

I'd bet any money that he'd use it against me.

"Granger, seriously, come on," Zabini's voice snaps me out my internal crisis.

He was a few yards away, his tie loosely around his neck and his button-down shirt was untucked around the back. The top three buttons were undone, showing off a silver necklace and deep skin. A smirk of realization crossed those lips of his.

With one step towards him, I think perhaps this can't turn out nearly as bad as my brain says it will. He will tell someone, if only one person. I know he will. I can live with only one person knowing.

I step forward, towards the Slytherin table, towards my archenemy, Blaise Zabini. Towards the boy who teased me ruthlessly First Year, cut a lock of my hair out in Second Year, the boy who cast harsh spells at me when Professor Lockhart taught us to fight, and to the man whose eyes drew even the most cold-hearted to him.

No doubt I was going to regret this.

I had already stepped forward; there was no going back.

====

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess