TMHTLY (A Hermione Granger Love Story) ... 3

A/N: [Edited 1/28/2016] Hello~!

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter 3: "VIRGIN!"

Six sets of Slytherin eyes locked onto me as I sit next to Zabini at their table. He had chosen a more secluded area of the long table, choosing to steer clear of Pansy and Goyle. I can't say I didn't blame him. Pansy was staring, that much was obvious. Her scrutiny could either be bemusement or malice. I didn't want to investigate. Goyle was oblivious.

I numbly sit down. Shoving a few plates around the table, I set my book down carefully. Zabini was filling his plate, considerably heavy on the unhealthy options. I quietly sniff at it, glancing over towards the Gryffindor table. Luna was facing away from me.

After filling his plate, Zabini turns to me, mouth open to finally speak. I twist my body a bit towards him, but keep my eyes forward. At the sudden taking of my empty plate, I whip my head to look at him. He's smirking, but piling a small portion of food onto my plate. Healthy options and some things I wouldn't dare eat. After filling to his standard, Zabini placed it back in front of me.

"Wouldn't want to lose that figure, now would we, Granger?" he smirks, ruining the seemingly nice act. I shouldn't have thought it was—In a matter of minutes his own plate was nearly empty.

"Ew, you're just like Ron," I couldn't help but say, a giggle almost sneaking out. Picking up the first thing on my plate, I crunch into it: celery with peanut butter. How very not allergy conscious.

"I am nothing like that blood traitor," Zabini says so casually that I almost choke. Instead I cough heavily, hacking on some celery before rechewing it.

How could he so easily bash someone like that? So harshly too! Ron was a classmate and a friend!

I let it go, but only for now. The disapproving glare I give him will just have to for now. He merely shrugs, grinning around a spoonful.

"Zabini, you can't tell." My voice is small and sudden. The topic is unprompted and fragile and it needs to be said. I fiddled carefully with a carrot on my plate.

I glance around to make sure there were no eavesdroppers. There wasn't anyone close enough to hear, so I twisted to fully face Zabini. He spooned himself some black pudding. After Zabini was done, he grinned mockingly at me.

"Hermione Granger, my dearest mudblood," I flinch unconsciously at the name. Zabini either doesn't notice or chooses not to as he leans close to me. I turn to face forward, not wanting to meet his brown eyed gaze. I didn't need that kind of anxiety. The soft touch of his lips and breath hit my right ear like a tidal wave. My toes scrunched in my shoes and my brain ceases to function. "I can tell whomever I like."

Gasping loudly, I rise from my seat on the bench. It hardly budges. My breath hitches as I thought of how precisely he knew my every reaction. How did he know so many simple things about me?

Again all the eyes were on me, standing solitarily in the Great Hall, eyes glazing over with fresh tears. I couldn't let them fall. He wasn't allowed the satisfaction. There were only so many things I could do to stop this. Those few things consisted mainly of killing him or faking my own death, but neither were plausible on short notice. There was one small hope, though, something Zabini probably didn't consider.

What if—What if I told people his biggest secret?

One of the many things he instantly regretted answering in Anatomy.

"Zabini," my courage flared as I spoke the words, "if you tell, I will too."

He seemed to anticipate this. He knew exactly how I thought. Perhaps even more than I did. "Granger, darling, I've thought of your every move. You are considerably predictable." The look on his face glowed with contained laughter and amusement. My blood boiled. I had sat down momentarily, letting those straying eyes leave my face for once. Again I burst from my seat and call attention to myself.

"Excuse me!" I shout, letting my voice echo off the walls. "Is anyone interested in learning something about Blaise Zabini no one else knows but me?"

"Granger," Zabini ground out, lifting himself from his seat slowly. "Don't do this. You'll regret it."

I grin deviously at him. I bet he didn't plan this.

All eyes are again on me. This time it was according to the plan I had thought up three seconds ago. I toss my head high, giving a muggle finger gesture that he wouldn't understand, and stare at Zabini.

Taking a large breath, I shout, "Blaise Zabini is a virgin!"

Blaise Zabini: 1

Hermione Granger: 1

======

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess