The ICONic Dream~Part 23 (:

Here I was again. In the dance studio, like always. Learning new dance steps, with Boyz and Girlz surrounding me. Every so often, I would look at Vinny and watch him dance, but most of the time, I was in my own world. Dance had become my life. I found out we had yet another competition in New York next week and we're doing like an ICON version of High School Musical. Every day after school, I'd come to ICON with Vinny just to dance. Sometimes, I went on weekends. I had to be good, since we all wanted to win. It'd be our last completion until Hip Hop International. I was ready.

*******************************************************

Remember when you were first learning how to ride a bike? Imagine the moment when your dad, mom, grandpa, grandma, whoever finally let go of you. Remember when you kept pedaling and you felt like you could do anything? That’s kind of how I felt when I was dancing. I felt in control. As we rode the short trip over to the New York competition, I spent most of my time with Victoria. I know, it’s weird. Why wouldn't I be with Vinny? Truth is, I do better dancing when he's not on my mind. "Hey, Hannah. Can you and Victoria come up front for a sec? We're taking a group picture." I nodded to Geo slowly. "But remember I can't be anywhere-" Geo interrupted me. "I know. You can stand away from Vinny. I understand. He understands." I smiled and stood up, linking my arm with Victoria's. We walked to the front of the bus where everyone was getting ready for a group picture. Victoria led me to where Montana was standing with Nicolette and Sarah. We posed for about two pictures, and then continued with our conversations. "Alright ICON! Ten minutes until we arrive! Be ready!" Geo called to us. I jogged back to where I had my dance bag and retrieved my phone. Finding the perfect song, I inserted my blue headphones. Everyone else was finishing their drinks or singing to the radio. I was doing both. I wasn't that nervous for my performance but, I wanted to see Vinny and I wanted to dance. So by doing the performance, I would receive both.

Luckily, we had arrived at the competition. I waited until the front of the bus had left, until I got off. Headphones still in, I saw Mikey beside me. He looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back, amazed at our flawless friendship. He was still with Delany, even though it was a rocky relationship. And I know as Montana's best friend, it hurt her every single day. If a random fan glanced at her Twitter profile, you would think everything's fine. But, I know better. Mikey also wasn't fooling me. I saw the looks he gave Montana when he thought no one was watching. I saw the ways he ignored Delany when Montana was dancing, or when she was talking to another boy. He still liked her. What stuns me is that they both obviously like each other, but they aren't getting together.

*************************************

We were directed into a medium sized green room to change and get ready for the performance. I was wearing a simple white dress for my costume and I knew Vinny was wearing a tux. He was Troy, I was Gabriella. Get it? I imagined the dance in my head, going over my solo. I decided to practice a simple spin to warm up a little. I started my spin, pointing my toes. As I was finishing the spin, I fell.

Nicolette was the first to see. "Hannah! Are you okay? What happened?" I laughed at her frantic bug eyes. "Nic, I'm fine. I didn't stretch yet and my toes aren't used to movement." I saw her beautiful features relax. "Alright. Just be careful." I nodded and stood up. I stretched my arms above my head and crossed them across my body, putting slight pressure on my forearms. Then I sat down again, and did some simple softball stretches I had learned what seemed like forever ago back in Kentucky. I touched the end of my toes that were in front of me, making Mikey whoop. "Flexible! I like." He wiggled his eyebrows. I laughed. His personality was great. For a best friend. I stood and to go shove him lightly. "Perv." He chuckled and walked away. "Hannah! Change of plans! You and Vinny are doing 'Without You' before the group performance! You need to change into your other costume." I widened my eyes at Geo then, rushed to my dance bag. I pulled out the blue Chachi Mommas and the black "Imma Be ICONic" shirt for my costume. I ran over to the makeshift changing station the girls had set up to avoid wandering Boyz. I threw off my dress and changed into my other costume. "Ten minutes until 'Without You'! Vinny and Hannah stage left in five!" I muttered a curse word and grabbed my shoes, rushing out of the change room. I pulled on my blue Vlado Knights and ran to stage left. "Hey Hannah." I heard Vinny call from behind me. Letting out a sigh of relief, I hugged Vinny. Just like normal, he smelled amazing. I heard a stage manager call out that we would be going on in two. I started to run through the moves in my mind.

*********************************************

"And now, from ICON Dance Complex, I present Vinny Castronovo and Hannah White!" This was our cue. I heard screaming girls. Apparently, Vinny had his fans come out and support ICON. We stood at the center of the stage, waiting for the music. I am lost. I am vain. I will never be the same, without you. I heard the counts in my head, and all the encouraging things Geo would say. The ISO's came. One and two and three and four and five and six and seven and eight. The music was surrounding me. Before I could think, before I could react to Vinny's presence, the song ended. The counts left my head and all that was left was watching Vinny point at me. Vinny reached for my hand and we ran off the stage, sending a small wave to the crowd.

"You...were...amazing." Vinny said between breaths. My heart went into a frantic flutter, and a smile formed on my face. "You were too."

"Hey guys! GREAT job! Now go back to the green room and change. We have thirty minutes until we do the final group performance." Geo turned his back and disappeared somewhere back stage. Still holding hands we walked into the green room. It was like nothing changed. Nick was munching on some chicken nuggets, Madison was talking loudly over everyone, Louis and Thomas were listening to "The Show Goes On", Victoria was telling a story to Montana, and Jason was free styling with Julian, Tristan, and Chris. I found my dance bag right where I left it, then fished out the stupid white dress. I stepped into the changing room and did a quick change into the dress and ballet flats. I hated transitioning from hip hop to ballet. Not fun. I chilled out alone until we were all called backstage. When we were introduced, we ran out and got to starting position. The first beats played and I went through the basic choreography. I went to the center of the stage and did the ballet spins (without falling) with the rest of the girls, then stepped back to watch the Boyz from ABDC do their small routine to "Boys Are Back". Then, my solo started up. Everyone moved to the back of the stage and the spotlight flooded around my body. I did some ballet spins until I spotted Vinny come beside me. He grabbed me and we began our waltz to "Can I Have This Dance?" "Hello gorgeous." I heard him whisper as he spun me around. I giggled and continued the choreo until we were back as a group. The final number of the dance came to a close. The crowds cheered and we were all panting for breah. It was over. I surrounded by my family and my amazing boyfriend.

This is dance.

This is friendship.

This is love.

This is The ICONic Dream.

The End~

 *********************************************************

TEAR! I SERIOUSLY CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I FINALLY FINISHED THIS STORY :') HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED IT AS MUCH AS I DID :)

Love-Mrs. Castronovo <3