In Which Puddin' is Being a Grumpypuss :(

His leg was broken. His leg was broken...and they'd shot him!!!! My poor baby!!!!!

"Are you all right?" I ran to his side.

"It didn't go deep." Oh, he was so brave!

"Well, I'm glad it wasn't serious...I'd miss you," I cooed, tickling him under the chin (or trying to - his being injured was bringing out my maternal instincts), but he slapped me away with more force than I expected, sending me tumbling backwards into the beside table.

"I'm going home tomorrow - and I heard you're staying with Poison Ivy, but you have to come home. Someone's got to do everything I can't because I have to stay off this leg as much as possible...which includes running back to the museum and getting those puppets. They're doing a special exhibit on clowns, and I want them for my personal collection. It would be cool to have puppet grenades, and I need models for the exterior."

"I can't believe you're going back to be his slave girl for six weeks," Ivy grouched.

"He's my Puddin'! And I'm doing this of my own free will. Maybe we can get together sometime...?"

She sighed.

"Take care, Harley...and if you ever need a place to stay, well, you know where to find me. I'd paint the town red with you any night."

I swallowed. She'd say no, I knew it.

"W-will you help me rob the museum Puddin' got shot at??"

Surprisingly, she relented, and we pulled off a brilliant heist, coming away with only a split lip on my part when I walked into an open door.

"HARLEY!!!!!" shouted Mr. J a week later.

"Where's my chocolate pudding squirt gun?? I want to practice shooting my Batman target!"

"I'm cleaning it," I sighed, "but I'm almost d-" My sentence ended in a squeak as I felt his hands around my throat.

"Too bad, kid - because I want it NOW!" He grabbed the orange plastic rifle, filled it up, and wheeled his spinny chair back to the living room.

And I was going to have to deal with a month more of this???? Help!!!!!! (But then I scolded myself for being a self-centered complainer. He was the hurt one here, and I had two legs and hadn't gotten shot...if I had been there, he might not have even gotten injured. It was really all my fault!)