Our Big Gig...and that Green Monster

"Jane Black - safecracker, explosives expert, escape artist...and, might I say, incredibly good painter," Puddin' introduced her, staring rapt at her canvas of a burning city and a smoking gun.

"Is that piece for sale?"

She smiled lupine teeth.

"Have it. You're hiring me, after all." I hated the way she looked at him, the way she hooked her arm into his other one and strolled by his side out the door with us. She slid into the limo and demanded, "So what's the job?"

Puddin' smiled.

"We're robbing Wayne Manor, my dear."

"I heard that Master Wayne got an incredibly valuable new piece of work...I was hoping to make a forgery and exchange it."

"You do art forgery as well?" My angel was practically salivating, seeing all the crime opportunities.

"I do a little of everything." She was so coquettish! I wanted to open the limo door and shove her out into the street for her flirty behavior! Hadn't she heard about us, that we were an item, a couple, a team? Two was a pair, but three was a crowd...and I'd have to get rid of this...competition as soon as possible.

"So what do you do, Harley?" She sounded so sweet, but I knew she was just a sugared-up cobra in disguise.

Mr. J laughed.

"Oh, Harley's a special case."

I moved even closer to him, so she could see he was taken, but this didn't daunt her. The girl was positively unflappable! How in the world could I get rid of her?