A Little New Year's Kiss

Days passed quickly and we almost cleared the house junk and dark magic. We worked quite hard and things were going quite well. George and I became inseparable. I loved everything that we did and talked about. I was secretly glad that he and Fred were arguing. I didn’t really understand Fred’s disapproving and upset looks. I realized that I really liked George and not in the usual way. I liked him. I wanted to spend time with him, I wanted to feel his arms around me… I wanted to kiss him…

New Year’s was approaching and we had decided to throw a party with the members of the Order. It was more of a get-together for those who didn’t really have anywhere else to go for New Year’s. We spent a lot of days getting the house ready for it and today was the day.

It is New Year’s Eve and I’m in my room with George.

“When are you going to tell me what is going on between you and Fred?” I asked him, looking the mirror as I applied make-up.

He frowned and walked over to me, taking the mascara brush out of my hand. I looked up to see him looking to my eyes intently.

“Don’t wear make-up.” He whispered. “You’re pretty enough without it.”

George had been flirting with me all week. I didn’t really understand why he suddenly decided that he wanted to but I liked it anyway.

I smiled at him. “Aw that’s sweet, but give me back my make-up.”

He shook his head. “No, it’s not like you need it.”

“My face is half done, of course I need it!” I whined.

“Then take it all off. Then, it’ll be done.” He answered.

He put the mascara down his trousers.

“Ew! George!” I groaned.

“You still want it back?”

I shook my head. “Are you stupid? Of course not! Ugh!”

He grinned. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to take some mascara out of my trousers.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “You’re excused, now get out of here!”

He walked of the room, chuckling. I wiped away the mascara I had on my one eye. I wasn’t going to wear much, just the mascara… I don’t really like make-up, anyway. I slipped on some fancy green robes and opened my door.

George was standing there, holding my mascara. “Here you go…”

He shoved it into my hands.

“Ew! No! Ugh! George!”

I dropped it on the floor.

George laughed. “Don’t worry, I duplicated it. The one you just touched was a copy… Your face was just priceless!”

I scowled at him. “Idiot.”

He held his hand out. “Sure I am… You ready to party?”

I nodded and took his hand.

“By the way, you’re beautiful.”

I blushed. “Thanks. You’re not so bad yourself.”

We made our way downstairs to see the living room. There weren’t many people and the party was alright. Everyone was dressed in magic clothing and were talking to someone. There were a couple of people who I had not expected to attend, like Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Mad-Eye Mood and Severus.

I let go of George’s hand and Hurried over to Severus. He smiled when he saw me.

“Ah, Silvia, Happy New Year’s.” he greeted.

I smiled. “It’s not New Year’s yet.”

“Yes, but I will be leaving before midnight.” He told me.

I sighed. “Can’t you stay?”

“School is tomorrow, I must prepare.”

I nodded and gave him a hug. “It was nice seeing you.”

I spent most of the party greeting people, messing around with Ron, Harry and Hermione. Ginny had been giving me the cold shoulder since Fred and George’s fight. I had tried talking to her but she’d ignore me.

It was so much fun and everyone seemed to bed having a good time. Suddenly, Mrs Weasley turned on the radio. Music drifted through the air and George grabbed my hand.

“Come on, Silv, let’s dance.”

At first everyone stared at us as we danced but soon enough they started to join us. First were Mr and Mrs Weasley, then Professor Lupin and Tonks.  We danced through the first slow song.

“After our next song by Celeste Warbeck, we’ll be counting down the second until New Year’s!”

George looked deep into my eyes as we danced. It felt like there was no-one else around us. We danced in our own little bubble.

“Five… Four…” George was pulling me closer to him. “Three…” I wrapped my arms around his neck. “Two…” His face was inching towards mine. “One!”

 Fireworks. Our lips met as he kissed me passionately. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I let him in. Our tongues danced together. I pulled away from him, our faces still inches apart.

“Happy New Year’s, George.”

“Happy New Year’s, Silv.”

There was silence. Apparently, no-one else had kissed except for Mr and Mrs Weasley who had shared a quick peck. There was a suddenly smash as Fred dropped his goblet and ran out of the room. He slammed his bedroom door making everyone jump.

Sirius repaired the goblet and everyone hastily started talking. I turned back to George to see him grinning like an idiot.

“I’ve wanted to do that for a while now.” He admitted to me quietly.

I laughed. “So have I.”

“Come on; let’s go to your room.” He told me, taking my hand.

I let him drag me from the party. On our way up, we ran into Fred. His eyes went from George, to me, to our entwined hands and then back to my eyes. He looked upset. He ran his hand through his hair and silently walked passed us.

George let out a loud breath. “Well that was…”

“Awkward? Yeah, I thought so too.”

He pulled me over to my room and shut the door behind us. Almost as soon as I heard the door clock shut, I felt his lips come crashing down on mine. He kissed me hungrily. It didn’t feel as good as it did when he first kissed me but it was comfortable and familiar.

“I was so happy when you said it wasn’t weird for us to be sleeping together.” He whispered, our faces inches away from each other.

I reached up and pecked his lips. “When did you… you know, start liking me?”

“When we got on the train. You changed a lot this summer, Sil. You grew up and became beautiful.” He pecked my lips. “I’ve been trying to have you to myself for months.”

I laughed. “You’re so cheesy! It’s too weird coming from you.”

He chuckled. “Wanna go to bed?”

I grinned. “Sure. I need you to help me out of these robes.”

“Whoa, steady there, Sil. I know we just kissed but I don’t think I’m ready to strip you down yet.” He smirked at him.

I slapped his chest. “Shut up and unzip me!”

He laughed and undid my zipper. I turned around.

“Now get out and get changed.”