Silently Friends

Silently Friends

(A/N: This is from no-one’s POV; it’s in the third person)

Silvia nodded and apprehensively waited as the two men sat in their seats. Severus sat beside her silently. He was staring at the desk and avoided her gaze. Dumbledore sat with both of his elbows on the desk, his fingertips touching. He peered over at the two of them over his half-moon spectacles.

“I can see the resemblance.” Dumbledore said suddenly.

Silvia smiled. “So can I, if I’m honest.”

“Severus, I trust you haven’t informed Silvia as to why she is here.” Dumbledore inquired, looking at Severus.

Severus didn’t speak, he just shook his head.

“Miss Black, you seem to spend a lot of time around Harry and his friends, is that correct?”

Silvia nodded mutely; she didn’t quite understand where this was going.

“And they trust you, do they not?”

Silvia nodded again.

“Miss Black, you know everything about, Harry, do you not? His past, his present, his future…”

Silvia frowned. “Of course I do. We’re good friends. I know all about Voldemort, the Order…”

Silvia let out a small. “Oh.”

She knows understood what this was about; Harry was telling her everything without knowing that she is in fact, the daughter of his enemy.

“You see where I am going?” Dumbledore asked.

Silvia nodded.

“But I don’t tell her anything! You don’t know what it’s like living with her, I mean it’s not like I have time to talk. We’re not like-!” Silvia babbled on, trying to justify herself.

Dumbledore held up a hand to silence her.

“It does not matter that you do not tell her. You have all this information stored inside of you. They could get it out of you easily. You must be protected. I know you will not like this but…”

He paused and sighed. “You must stay away from Harry and all of his friends. That includes every Weasley child.”

Silvia let out a sound of shrill protest. “No! Please! They’re the only friends I have! Please, sir, Professor Dumbledore, please don’t do this.”

“I’m very sorry, Silvia but you will be punished for talking to them. We must do this in order to keep Harry and yourself safe.”

Silvia started to protest some more but Dumbledore held up his hand and silenced her once more.

“There is more; I have decided that you will stay with Severus this summer.”

Severus suddenly stood up. “Albus… what?”

“Severus, it is for her own good. You must help. After all, she is your daughter.”

Albus gave him a pointed look. Silvia could tell that she was missing something.

Severus nodded and resumed his silence. He looked angry but defeated.

“Well, Silvia, I’m sure you have important lessons to attend, hurry along, now.”

Silvia nodded mutely before standing up and walking to the door. As soon as it clicked shut she heard an angry Severus.

“This is not what we agreed!”