Settling In At Hogwarts

*Silvia’s POV*

I woke up and found myself covered with a blanket and an owl pecking at my finger. I yawned loudly, looking around. The common room was deserted and George was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and turned to the owl that was still pecking at my finger. It pushed a piece of parchment towards me.

“How did you get in here?” I muttered, unfolding the note.

Meet me in the owlery at five. D.

I frowned. Why would Draco want to meet me? I looked at the clock, there was five minutes. Should I meet him? I shrugged. He wasn’t going to do anything… he was just curious.

As I walked through the castle, I took in its beautiful grounds. It made me smile as I saw the people snoring in their frames. I wonder what it’s like to live in a frame.

The Owlery was at the top floor of the school. My legs were starting to ache and I was feeling a bit chilly. I finally reached it, clutching my side as I saw him come into view.

“Where’ve you been, Silvia?” He asked, cutting straight to the point. “Mother won’t stop nagging me and as for Auntie Bella…”

“Just tell them that I’m at Hogwarts.” Silvia answered simply.

“Do you think they’re that stupid? Where have you been staying for the last two days?” He said slowly, scowling at her.

“As if I’m going to tell you.” Silvia scoffed. “Just tell her to write to me.”

“Fine. She sent you a note and it says: where have you been?”

I could tell Draco was losing his patience. “Tell her that I went somewhere she’ll never find me but tell her not to worry; I’ll be back over summer.”

“Fine…” Draco sighed. “You’re alright, though?”

Silvia nodded before smirking. “Totally fine. Why, is Draco worried about his dear little cousin?”

Draco blushed. “Shut up, I wouldn’t care if you were sleeping next to a dragon.”

Silvia yawned. “I’m off. See you later, Malfoy.”

“Bye, Black.”

I walked off smiling. Draco and I used our last names in a sort of endearing way. Being cousins that lived in the same house, we used to hear our parents do it all the time. Before I used to do it to mock how Draco would speak to other Gryffindors but now it just seemed natural.

I reached my dorm at around half five. I had an hour and a half to sleep. I had just enough time to change and fall into bed. I blacked out in seconds.

“Silvia. Get up!” Hermione yelled.

“No, go away!” I groaned.

It has been like this for five years; Hermione tries to wake me, I push her away, she finds some other way to wake me which gets be out of bed for sure.

I heard Hermione sigh.

“Aguamenti.” She whispered.

I was wet. I was soaking all over and screaming like an idiot.

“HERMIONE!”

Hermione squealed and ran down the stairs to the common room laughing loudly.

I peeled the soaking sheet off of me and hurried to the bathroom; it was quarter to eight. It took me a while to shower and dry my hair. I didn’t have any time to brush it, so I let it lie thick and curly.