Chapter Sixteen: The Inner Creature.

Sitting in the passenger seat of the Jeep, I have an overwhelming feeling, one I couldn't explain. I sat there feeling panic stricken. I felt like this impending doom was about to swallow us whole as we drove to the school. We had picked Scott up from work and he filled us in on the fact that Derek is a psychopath and thinks Deaton is the Alpha. I almost couldn't believe Scott when he told us Derek tried to beat the crap out of Deaton all over that damn spiral symbol.

Derek said, and I quote here, "It's our sign for a vendetta, for revenge. It means he won't stop killing until he's satisfied." So I'm hoping that it isn't Deaton, I think he is too nice to ever hurt anyone. Scott says he has a plan, he says he will protect Deaton, but this feeling I have has gotten stronger since Scott got into the Jeep.

"Hey, baby calm down it's going to be alright." Stiles said placing his hand in mine. The fact he was here with me instantly made me feel a little better, but I still couldn't shake this feeling completely.

As we parked in the student parking lot of Beacon Hills High School, my stomach turned into a pretzel. I looked over the vast landscape of the darkened school. This place is so much creepier at night. I thought to myself. The voice of my almost boyfriend flooded my head at once.

"This is a terrible idea." Stiles informed Scott as they were looking for the chain cutters in the back of the Jeep. "Yeah, I know." Scott said in a worried tone while glancing around the school and then our eyes met. "You feel it too, I know you do." I told him in a whisper. All he did was nod his head.

Since before I can remember, Scott and I have this weird connection. We have always just called it 'Our Twin Thing'. I can feel when Scott is sad, when something is wrong with him, finish his sentences or know what he is thinking. There is just no way he didn't feel this feeling... It was way to powerful.

"But we're still gonna do it?" Stiles said abruptly. He now looked concerned. Stiles was the only other person who knew about the twin moments like this. He was now worried with us.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott asked him. "Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away." Stiles said and I gave him a stern look.

"Just make sure we can get inside. He's here." Scott said as a black Camaro pulled up next to us. We all walked up to Derek.

"Where's my boss?" Scott questioned. "He's in the back." Derek stated shutting his door, we all looked to the back seat. There was Deaton, tied up and unconscious.

"Oh, well, he looks comfortable." Stiles said sarcastically as Scott tapped our arms to follow him.

"Wait. Hey. What are you doing?" Derek called to us as we were walking to the school. "You said I was linked with the Alpha..... I'm gonna see if you're right." Scott said simply and we started towards the school. I stopped for a moment, along with Scott, to take a quick glance around the school. Something isn't right. I thought, I took Stiles hand in mine and he gave it a small squeeze and we headed toward the front doors.

We made our way down the cold, dark hallways to the main office where our plan was to take place. I tried to imagine the school how it was just a few hours prior. Filled with student's, loud chatter, and the sunny ambiance that flooded each hall. At night, this place was completely altered. We made it to the main office after a minute or two and I glanced awkwardly around the room while Scott and Stiles did their work.

"Okay, one question. What are you gonna do if the Alpha doesn't show up?" Stiles asked looking up from the desk. "I don't know." Was all Scott could manage. "And what are you gonna do if he does show up?" I asked nervously from my corner. "I don't know." Scott said trying to give me a slight smile to make me feel better. "Good plan." Stiles stated.

"All right. You said that a wolf howls to signal his position to the rest of the pack, right?" Scott asked me and Stiles.

"Right, but if you bring him here, does that make you part of his pack?" I asked curiously and worried all at once. "I hope not." Scott said in a nervous tone. "Yeah, me too. All right. All you." Stiles said as he handed my brother the microphone that was hooked up to the entire inside and outside of the school. I looked over to Stiles as he smirked at me and turned the volume knob all the way up. We then watched Scott as he cleared his throat.

Scott let out this god awful noise. It honestly was a cross between a whale being harpooned and a dog being like run over or something. I rubbed my hands over my face and Stiles rubbed his hands over his buzzed hair. We glanced at each other with a 'Is he serious right now' kind of look before looking to him.

"Was that okay? I mean, that was a howl, right?"  Scott asked all anxious. "I–yeah, technically. I guess, if that's what you want to call it." I said trying to find the right words to what that could have possibly been.

"Well, what did it sound like to you?" Scott asked aloud, Stiles answered before I could.

"Like a cat being choked to death, Scott." He said with a sigh.

"What do I do? How am I supposed to do this?" Scott said in a huff and a rush. He was getting discouraged and flustered. Stiles walked over to him and placed his hands on Scott's shoulder getting ready for a pep talk. I laughed slightly, they do this all the time to help each other. It was cute in a best friend way.

"Hey, hey. Listen to me. You're calling the Alpha. All right? Be a man. Be a werewolf, not a teen wolf. Be a werewolf. Do it." Stiles patted Scott's back and took a step back. I watched as my brother focused his attention on the task at hand. His eyes slowly changed to their golden yellow as he prepared himself. Then... He let it come naturally.

The creepiest growling howl came from the depths of Scott's chest. Everything started to vibrate and slightly shake as he let it all out. Stiles and I stood there in awe as Scott became his inner creature. I smiled over at Stiles as the echo of what had just happened lingered for a moment through the school halls.

"I'm gonna kill all of you. What the hell was that? What are you trying to do, attract the entire state to the school?" Derek said angrily as we walked back to where he was out front. "Sorry. I didn't know it would be that loud." Scott answered in excitement and surprise. "Yeah, it was loud. And it was AWESOME." Stiles said in a sing song voice. "I didn't think anything could be that cool!" I said with a excited smile.

"Shut up."Derek said simply to us. I gave a irritated look . "Don't be such a sour wolf." Stiles said slightly annoyed also and motioned his hand at Derek, but Scott shook both of our arms.

"What'd you do with him?" Scott asked Derek as we all looked over to Derek's car... which was now Deaton-less.

"What? I didn't do anything." Derek said, he turned around and glanced inside his back seat. After that, everything took a turn for the worse. My worst dreams were becoming reality.

I let out an ear piercing scream as Derek was stabbed in the back and lifted off the ground. I came face to face with the Alpha for the second time. Those red eyes that seem to haunt me everywhere I go were now staring back at me as Derek coughed up blood and was lifted into the air by the claws forced through his back and chest.

Stiles and Scott grabbed me by the arm and we ran as fast as possible back to the school. I heard Derek's limp body be thrown against the wall and drop to the ground, but the boys wouldn't even let me look back. We ran straight into the school and slammed the door shut. 

My nightmares are coming true, and I have a strange feeling.... That I have seen this all happen before.

Super short I know. Sorry guys but I felt the need to get at least something out today, I have been super busy but hey, at least its a taste of tomorrow's chapter (: Hope you enjoy!