Chapter Two: The Night Everything Changed

How is it that you get yourself into these situations Ryder? 

Never once was I able to say no to Stiles. It seemed like over the years he has learned he can get me to do anything. I swear, he knows, all he has to do is flash me a smile and I'm going along with his stupid plan.

"They went left up here, they must be going to the Preserve." I stated a little weary.

This is soo stupid, it is cold, Scott looks petrified, if we get caught Mr. Stilinski is gonna kill all of us I swear. OH! and not to mention.. we definitely have school in the morning. UGH!

As I was drifting off into my own world, Stiles parked the jeep in front of the entrance to the preserve. He fumbles around until he finds his flashlight and we hop out of the jeep and start walking towards the hiking paths, I turn around and notice Scott trying to catch up so I slowed my pace to match his.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott quizzed.

" You’re the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town. Besides, it’s our last night of summer freedom." Stiles piped up, a bit too excited.

"I was trying to get a good night’s sleep for practice tomorrow." My brother said, he seemed so worried about being out here, along with the fact that we most likely arn't going to get any sleep thanks to a certain goofball.

"Right, because sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles scoffed.

"look who's talking Stilinski!" I retorted in my twin's defence.

"No, because I’m playing this year. In fact, I’m going to make first line." Scott said.

"That's the spirit Scotty boy!" I chanted as I gave him a pat on the back.

"Yeah, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream. Even a pathetically unrealistic one." declared Stiles.

"Wow... That's just rude." I teased. We kept walking and it wasn't long until I became uneasy. I glanced at Scott who started to question Stiles

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?"

"Hmm. I didn’t even think about that." Said Stiles, I wrapped my arms around myself.

"And what if whoever killed the girl is still out here?" I said becoming even more uneasy

"Also something I didn’t think about." Stilies said as he gave me a weary smile.

"Comforting to know you’ve planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Scott scoffed as we came to some hills.

Stilies starts to climb, followed by myself, and then Scott. I pushed my way up through the dirt and leaves. 

God I hope there arn't any spiders 

I thought to myself. I then hear uneven breathing, I turn to look at Scott, he was struggling and I felt like a horrible twin for leaving him a ways behind.

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight." I yelled up to Stiles slightly ticked off.

I know he is excited, but come on. We are in the middle of the woods at night and his adderall fueled ass is leaving us behind without the flashlight.

I notice Stiles start to slow down, but only to see that up ahead were many lights and the sound of a few dogs. I look to Stiles and see his goofy grin plastered ear to ear. We all crouch down low to avoid being seen. As I start to move closer Stiles takes off running leaving Scott and myself to chase after him.