Benny Rodriguez (the sandlot)

May 31st
7:45

That morning I woke up and got ready to go to the sandlot. I was in a good mood and everything was normal until it was 8:00 and Benny was supposed to knock on my door so we could go to the sandlot. "Maybe he's still asleep." I said to myself and walked over to his house to ask his mom. "Is Benny here?" "No, he just left to go to the sandlot." Benny's mom said. "Okay thanks." I say as she closes the door. I thought it was weird that he didn't come get me. I walk to the sandlot by myself and see that there already there. They were all playing except for Benny and yeah-yeah who were over by the dugout talking. I start walking closer to them and could tell Benny was mad. Next thing I know I see him push yeah-yeah, and yeah-yeah pushes him back and Benny punches him. I quickly run over to them so Benny doesn't hurt him anymore. "Benny what are you doing!?" I yelled and pushed him away from yeah-yeah. He didn't say anything, then everyone came running over to see what happened. They all helped pick yeah-yeah off the ground. "Are you okay man?" Squints said. "I'm fine." He was mad so I wasn't going to talk to him now, I thought I could just talk to him later when he's calm. "Benny what the hell were you thinking?" Ham said. "What do you mean, he was trying to steal my girlfriend." Benny said to him. "You didn't have to hit him." Squints said. Benny just shook his head and they all left the sandlot with yeah-yeah, I stayed with Benny to talk to him. "What was that all about... I thought you said you were just gonna talk to him?" " I did talk to him." He said. " I didn't know you were gonna hit him." "Why are you mad I was defending you!" He started to yell at me. I grab his hand and sit him down. "I'm glad you were defending me but I didn't want this to ruin y'all's friendship. Y'all have been friends for years and you can't let that one little thing ruin it." "That 'thing' wasn't little, he went behind my back and friends don't do that." I put my arm around him and hugged him. "I think you should apologize."  "Apologize for what? He deserved it."  "Yeah but, y'all should just apologize to each other." He thought about what I said for a minute, and just nodded his head. We were there for a while before we headed back home. "So you'll apologize?"  Yeah tomorrow." He said as we got to my house. He started walking over to his house and a few minutes after he went inside I walked over to yeah-yeahs house. I'm sure Benny didn't want me talking to him but I had to, I didn't want their friendship to be ruined.
I knock on the door and his mom opens it. "Is Alen here?"  "Yeah he's in his room." I go upstairs and knock on the door. "Come in" I open the door and see him laying in bed with an ice pack on his cheek. "Why are you here?" He was really mad. "Just to talk to you." I sit on the edge of the bed. "Did you tell your mom what happened?"  "I just told her I got hit with a baseball." I look down thinking of what to say. "Well I talked to Benny about it and he said he would apologize and I think you should apologize too."  "Okay." I was surprised he agreed with me. "Listen, I didn't know he was going to do that to you and I-"  " It's okay I deserved it."  He said. "Well I think things will be fine tomorrow, and your still my best friend no matter what." He smiled and blushed a little. I was there for a while talking to him before leaving. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said and got up and hugged him and left.