Benny Rodriguez (the sanldot)

Valerie's pov.
May 23, 1963

Its May 23rd, I moved from Texas just two weeks before school got out for summer. "How much longer until we get there?" My sister asked. Her name was Angela, she was 17 and I was 15. "We're almost there, maybe about 5 more minutes." My dad said while he was driving, I got excited to get out of the car since I've been in it for several hours. "We're here." My mom said as we parked in the front of our new house. I jumped out to start unpacking so I could hurry up and settle in as fast as I could. I was excited to make new friends and live in a new state but I was also nervous of what they would think of me. While I was trying to unpack, I dropped the last box of picture frames, as I looked up I saw two guys walking across the streets stare at me and kinda laugh. One kept walking to his house and the tall one with tan skin was walking directly towards me. "Do you need some help?" He asked. "Uh, no I'm fine thanks" I said nervously, he was so attractive i got a little red and felt like he could tell. "Let me get that for you" he smiled at me and picked up the box. He had gorgeous brown and green eyes and a perfect smile. "You can just put that in the garage." I said as I was closing the door to the u-haul. "Thanks for the help." "No problem, I'm Benny Rodriguez, " he said with a smile, I felt flustered but tried to brush it off. "I'm Valerie Mendoza" There was a silence for a second, "well I live across the street" I smiled when he said that, knowing i'd get the chance to see him a lot more. I looked over at his house and saw a women open the front door. "Benny, come inside and eat lunch." I looked over at him. "Is that your mom?" I said with a little smirk. "Yeah, I better get going. I'll see you around." He started jogging over to his house, while I was walking up to the front door of my house I turn around to look at him. As he's about to go inside I see him turn around too. I smile and wave and saw him do the same, then went inside the house.
Later that day, I unpacked a little of my stuff for my room. It was around 10:00 pm and I was getting pretty tired so I layed down and tried to go to sleep, but all I could think about was Benny Rodriguez. I couldn't wait till the next time I saw him.

Benny's pov.

As me and smalls we're the last ones walking home after going to the sandlot we heard a loud noise, we look over and see a girl trying to pick up a box. I kinda laughed and saw that smalls had to leave cause he reached his house, I went to go help and see who this new girl was.
"Do you need some help?" I asked "uh, no I'm fine thanks" I saw her look up at me, she had beautiful brown eyes and long dark hair. I could tell she was starting to blush. "Let me get that for you." I felt like I needed to help to have a reason to talk to her. After I put the box in the garage and she shut the u-haul door, We talked a little and I told her I lived across the street and right as I said that my moms yells from my house, "Benny, come inside and eat lunch." I felt a little embarrassed when I turned to her and she had a smirk on her face. "Is that your mom?" "Yeah,I better get going. I'll see you around." I start jogging over and right as I'm about to go inside I look over and see her already looking at me. She smiles and waved bye and I did the same as I went inside.
After supper I took a shower and went to bed to get some sleep. Then I remembered Valerie, she was so pretty, and I didn't know when the next time I'd get to see her was or when I'd get to talk to her but I was already looking forward to it. I kept thinking about her till I later fell asleep.