Chapter 13 Inherit

Ana's POV

I take my grandpas hand and say goodnight to the boy. We walk onto the dance floor more and we dance to the song currently playing.

"So tell me Ana, when will there be a man in your life?" My grandpa has always been a straight forward person.

Taken back I cant answer right away but my mind goes straight to Alec, if he wasn't such a dick. Blushing at my thoughts I look to the side to see Alec looking our way and that makes me blush more.

"I don't know papa, maybe soon," I say looking at him making him smile and look at Alec.

We danced more and I couldn't help but feel happy being around my grandpa.

"Is there someone now?" He asks with a smirk and I cant help but smack him for even thinking that. "So there is!" He starts laughing at me and I cant help but laugh too.

I would like to think something was going on between Alec and I but I am not his type. Suddenly saddened I pull away from my grandpa.

"I am sorry, I need to do something," I say as I curtsy and walk away fast.

I need to talk to Alec, I need to know what he thinks. If he is just using me then I need to get over him. He cant just play with me. Not after I gave him everything to prove to him that I liked him.

Alec's POV

I watch as her grandfather takes her hand and they dance around the room. I don't know who that boy is but I really wanted to punch him the face for even looking at my Ana.

Wait, did I think of her as my Ana? She isn't mine. You cant own people. Her red dress looks amazing on her and her hair is flowing perfectly down her back. She is a perfect girl. I'm not sure what her and her grandfather are talking about but she seems genuinely happy and that makes me happy.

I smile to myself I have never been one for mooshy love shit, but she is different. She makes me want to try and love someone or something. I turn back to the table and grab a cup with unknown content. I put it to my lips and taste it, sparkling cider. How original. Smiling I turn back to the crowd. This place is full. Full of people I don't know, who I don't care about. In fact, I am only here for Ana, even if she doesn't know it.

I look around the dance floor looking for her but she seems to have disappeared. I really should have kept my eye on her. What if someone hurt her. Wit that thought in mind my heart skips a beat, she could be hurt. I scan the dance floor but before I can take a step, I hear a voice behind me.

"Looking for someone?" I hear her voice question me.

I look to the voice and I can see Ana stand there, eyes full of curiosity. She looks beautiful.

"Uh, actually yeah, I was looking for you, I was wondering if you would like to dance or something?" God damnit, she probably thinks I am an idiot I think while mentally beating myself up.

A smile finds it was to her lips as she nods and grabs my hand. A slower song comes on and all the couples go to the marble floor to dance, including her parents who are glaring this way. I can see her face get a little pink as she watches her feet making sure she's in sync with me.

"I don't think you are supposed to watch your feet," I joke with her.

She looks me in the eyes and her face softens.

"I thought you were a hip hop dancer," she states.

"I told you, I grew up learning classical dancing. It was the only thing that my dad could do to make me listen," I remind her.