Chapter 4 Dance

I'm standing in my room waiting for my laptop to shut off. I wrote more of my college essay. I really want to go to Julliard, I feel like if I can show my parents that I don't want to run my moms cosmetic line and that I can get into the college of my dreams they will back off.

I walk into my closet that I had open and change into sweats and a tee. I am ready to go to the studio. I look over to my bed and see my kitty is there, i pet her while looking at the clock that reads 7:26 pm, I am surprised. Its a Friday night so I can stay out pretty late, which is always exciting.

I grab my phone and keys, making sure to shut my closet I head out of my room. I am looking down when I turn around and almost run into my dad, this causes me to flinch and gasp.

"Dad! You scared me," I say while trying to catch my breath.

"Sorry sweetie, I just wanted to remind you that my friends son and daughter will be here tomorrow, so try not to stay out to late, please," he says desperately.

I totally forgot that my dads college buddy is sending his kids over while his wife and him go to Japan for something. I know this means a lot to my dad so I nod. When my brother was 2 and I was 1 my fathers friend took care of us while my parents had to go somewhere. It was serious, that's all I remember. Anyway, we stayed with them for a whole year and a half, and when my parents came back they had my sister.

"Thank you," he says kissing me on the forehead.

I walk down the hall and down the stairs, I need to go. It's almost 8 pm, I hope that Alec kid is there. I don't know why I wanna see him so bad. I practically run through the house, past my sister who is staring at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at the studio at record time, I can see the lights are on and the blinds are closed so I sneak in through the front door. I can hear hip hop music playing from the room, I walk over and I see him on his head spinning. Cliche but kinda cool.

He puts his hand on the ground next to his head so he is doing like a hand stand type of thing and then he pushes off and grabs his foot with one hand. I am impressed, he does dance. He lands on his forearm and slowly does the worm so he is laying on his stomach. He looks up at me and smiles.

"You're late," he states now sitting on his knees, Indian style.

He is sweating, its litterally sliding down his face and his bare chest. He really is hot.

"Sorry I-" I start completely distracted, "Hey I never gave a time!" I said snapping out of my hypnosis.

He laughs and heads over to a bag that has clothes in it.

"I was enjoying the studio, I like to dance too," he says pulling keys out of his bag. Is he pulling a guilt trip right now?

"I see," I say thinking it over.

I mean it wouldn't exactly be bad to let him use the studio, I'm not here all the time and I suppose it would be fine. But I don't know him well enough, what if he destroys it? Sets it on fire, that wouldn't be good.

"What are you thinking?" He asked bending and looking me in the eye, how long had I been in deep thought?

"Maybe we can share the studio," I suggest. He looks excited.

"Yes!!" He screams jumping around tapping his feet together.

"On one condition," I begin, catching his attention. "We need to keep in contact and get to know each other, I gotta trust you," I say looking down, I've been making friends, a lot of them.

"That's all?" He asks while laughing hysterically.

How dare he laugh at me, ugh, I take back what I said he is a jerk. I can feel my face getting hot and I just want to disappear. He suddenly stops laughing and looks concerned.

"Hey are you okay, your face is turning red," he says reaching out and touching my face causing me to blush. He smiles slightly.

He cups my cheek with his hand and I try to pull away, but he stops me, both of his hands are now holding me still. I don't know what to do, so I go stiff and he sees that.

"You are a beatuiful girl Ana," he wispers.

What did he mean by that, does that mean he likes me? No, not possible, I am so not his type. But he is so cute, I would love to be his type. He coughs and drops his hands, clearing his throat he goes back to his bag and grabs his phone out while dropping the keys back in the bag.

"Put your number in," he says giving me his phone

I quickly put my number in and look around the place. He hasnt done any damage but I still dont know if I can trust him. I give him back his phone. He places it in his closet.

"So what kind of dance are you into?" He asks walking back over to his bag, I can see a tattoo on his shoulder, its writing but I cant read it, it is in a different language.

"Oh, ballet," I answer, almost forgeting he asked me a question.

"Classical, thats nice," he said turning to face me, "I prefer hip-hop but I have a classical background, thats where I learned how to dance," he said, looking like he was thinking hard.

"I never would have guessed," I say sarcasticly looking at the mirror.

I stare at him for awhile while he thinks, his jaw clenched. I look at my hands, I don't know what else to do. I'm thinking it might be time to leave I don't want to stay too long. I turn around to walk out when he stops me.

"Wait," he pleads.

I turn and face him fully, curious.

"Never mind," he mumbles.

I look him over he looks distraught but I ignore it, I need to get home. I smile slightly and he smiles back. I turn to walk out and I hear him inhale deeply and exhale completely. I slow down placing my hand on the wall in the hallway leading to the 'front office' area.

"Thank you," he says, "for letting me stay here."

I smile to myself and walk out of the building. I need to rest, Alec can wait.