Chapter Seven

The news spreaded throughout the whole kingdom. I heard it everywhere, and it did not help my state of mind.

"Cape of Rushes! Cape of Rushes! Sir Peterson asked the "princess" to marry her, but she refused! He is heart broken! Completely heart broken! He won't even eat. He says he will not live unless he finds his mysterious love. She is his life and soul! Oh Cape of Rushes! Isn't this terrible?"

All I would do is nod, and try not to cry.

I was heart broken, too. Especially when I heard the words Cook and the other cooks would say about how the prince would refuse to eat. Everytime Cook cooked something, she would say that it was for the prince. But everytime she came back with a full plate, a frown on her face which copied my own.

"Cape of Rushes... there's nothing I can do," she would say after everytime I would beg her and beg her to try to get him to eat.

"Why do you care anyways? You've never met him in your life." Those words made me keep my mouth shut tight. I dared not to say anything, or my identity would be revealed.

Believe me, I wanted to tell Chris. But I was too scared of rejection... my own father rejected me. How could Chris not? 

Week after week I would beat myself up with words that lowered my insecurity greatly, how much I loved Chris, and how I had caused him not to eat. 

I caused too many people pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys! i'm so sorry that it's so short. this story is very hard to add onto since it is an extremely short fairy tale, but I am trying as hard as i can! ummm, this was more of a filler, so I'm going to post another chapter in a few hours, maybe even less. there's only 2 more chapters left!!

thank you for reading this story!

COMMENT & VOTE.

- Briar M.