Chapter Three

Two months later, Rosslyn was still working at Peterson & Co as a maid. She grew quieter and quieter each and every day, but she always did as she was told in order to keep her job.

She told the staff two months before to call her Cape of Rushes, but she never answered their questions when they were perplexed and asked 'why.'

Rosslyn did not want them finding out who she really was, especially when she was the heiress of Peterson & Co's biggest business rival Carrol Industries. It would cause too much fuss, and plus she rather liked this life.

She took fancy to the whole staff, especially the kitchen staff where she spent so much of her time in the kitchen where she slept and kept her belongings.

Cook had helped her with many things. She helped Rosslyn get settled in perfectly, she answered her rarely spoken questions, and treated her like her own daughters, and Rosslyn was very thankful for that. She knew she could always trust Cook if she had any problems.

One day, Cook and two of the other cooks came running into the kitchen out of breath.

"Cape of Rushes! Cape of Rushes! You will never believe what we just heard!"

She looked up from cleaning the oven and stared at them with her big blue doe eyes.

Cook tried to calm herself and said, "the masters are giving a party so grand, it's going to last three days long! And he's even letting us servants watch the party from afar so we can see everything!" She was currently dreaming about the upcoming events.

Rosslyn just nodded, smiling up at them, amused at how excited they were for just a party.

It had been forever since she attended a party. She used to love watching all of the girls' dresses.

"Well," Cook looked at me expectantly. "Aren't you going to come? This is a chance of a life time! It will be great to get out of that shell of yours," she winked.

Rosslyn slowly shook her head no.

Cook's face turned into a frown. "Whatever makes you happy, dear. Whatever makes you happy. You're bound to change your mind soon! Three days!" she practically yelled, still out of breath.

Rosslyn giggled, eyes bright and continued cleaning the stove while the cooks just stared at her with their mouths open in disbelief. How could she not want to go to this once in a life time party?