Chapter Four

Soooo I decided I'm going to the story in first person! It's much easier and more fun!(: ahahaha, yeeah.. ENJOY! :D

*----*----*----*----*----*

ROSSLYN'S POV

Tonight was finally the start of the three day party the "masters" were going to have, and I couldn't be more happier.

The maids had been bickering over it all week. They never talked about anything else besides it, which left me out of the conversations considering that I would not be attending.

Of course I wanted to go, I was just scared of seeing the owners of Peterson & Co. After all, I still was one of the heiresses of their greatest rival, I didn't want to get mixed up in something. I remembered Christopher Peterson and his father, Mr. Parker Peterson, being completely and utterly evil.

I met them when she was about 8 years old, and I didn't like them one bit.

Mr. Peterson was a cold and heartless man. He always had this look on his rugged face that told you to stay away, and boy did it sure work. His eyes were a glassy almost black color that didn't allow you to see what he was thinking. He was clever, but not in the way most people would like.

His son, Christopher Peterson was not very different from him. The young boy, at the time, teased me with all different sorts of names. He was the very reason why I became as shy as I was now. I didn't wish to see their faces ever again, so I would not attend the party.

At exactly 6:55 P.M. Cook came running in.

"Oh, Cape of Rushes! Cape of Rushes! The ballroom is absolutely stunning! Why don't you come see it? Please!"

I meekly just shook my head.

"Cape of Rushes! What is wrong with you! Anyone would kill to come to this party!"

I stared at her, not saying anything.

"Uggh, you are so unbearable sometimes! You need to come out of that shell of yours right now! Let's get you into something beautiful," Cook smiled.

Cook, then, came over and took my arm, pulling me towards the door when suddenly music was heard throughout the building.

Immediately, Cook dropped my arm and said, "Oh, it's too late! The party has already started. We'll see what you'll say tomorrow!" And with a wink, she was gone.

I sighed, contemplating my ordeal. Should I go? It would definitely be more fun than cleaning out the fireplace and the oven...

Oh, what the heck?

I'll go, but only for a little while.

Spotting my pack that I had three of my mother's dresses in, dropped my garments made of leaves and twigs and pulled on the first dress.

The dress was made of black silk and white diamonds were sparkling all around it making it seem like the dress itself was ripped out of the midnight sky that was full of stars. It had a sweetheart neckline and it had tiny sleeves that delicately drooped off my shoulders. My mother wore it the night she met father.

I found a brush in Cook's room and brushed my silky black hair until it shined and danced around me. Then, I wiped off the dirt smudges from my face and looked in the mirror.

I smiled at my reflection. I hadn't seen myself look like this in who knows how long..

I giggled, then ran out the door, excited for the night to come.

I knew the Peterson's wouldn't recognize me because the last time they saw me was ten years ago, so that was a good thing.

Once I entered the room, all eyes were on me. Instantly, people were muttering questions like 'where did that girl came from? I've never seen her before!'

I immediately froze when I discovered that Christopher Peterson was staring at me like I was an alien from outer space.

At least.. I think it was Christopher...

He had definitely had gotten more handsome, in fact, I'd never seen a man as handsome as he was. His hair was a dirty blonde color that was arranged messily on top of his head. His eyes were a deep green color, and his expression was soft and sincere. I couldn't imagine him looking like that in my life...

The next thing I knew, he was striding over to me with a smile on his face, sending butterflies fluttering in all directions in my stomach.

"Hello," he said in a husky voice, which made me shiver.

"Hi," I replied, out of breath. Did I just talk?

He smiled, then bowed to me. "May I have this dance?" he asked me, offering his hand.

I simply nodded, and then he carried me out to the dance floor.

*

I had left before the ball was over, not wanting to arouse suspicion from the maids.

My clothes made of plants was back on and I was busy cleaning the fireplace... and thinking...

Christopher had definitely surprise me this evening. He was not the boy I knew anymore, that's for sure.

He made me feel like I knew him my whole entire life. Though I shouldn't know his name or anything about him right now, since he thought I wasn't Rosslyn.

He made me feel like me. Everytime he touched me it sent tingles down my spine.

I spent all night thinking about him, and I couldn't wait to see him again.