Chapter One

ATTENTION! THIS STORY IS THE RETELLING OF CAPE OF RUSHES, A FAIRY TALE. PLEASE EXCUSE THE IRRATIONAL AND STRAIGHT FORWARD CHOICES THE CHARACTERS MAKE. THANK YOU!(:

CHAPTER 1

Jack Carrol made his way into his luxurious office. Even though he had quite a lot of work to accomplish, he only had one thing on his mind: his three daughters, Rosaline, Cathleen, and Roslynn. Since his youngest just turned eighteen, it was time to split his status of CEO at Carrol Industries with his daughters and then retire from his hard work. The only problem was that he did not know how to split it up between his three daughters fairly.

He was thinking he should split it up by his favorites. Whomever was his favorite would get the biggest part of the company, and his least favorite would get the smallest share. But after thinking it over, the extremely vain man decided to split it by asking them how much they loved him. Whoever seemed to love him the most would get the largest portion.

A smug smile filled his face as he thought of how wise he was.

"Mary, please send in the girls," he ordered in the intercom with his gruff voice.

"Yes sir," she replied quickly.

The Carrol family was the most well known family in the entire world, and in the top ten most wealthy. No wonder Mr. Jack Carrol thought he was the most loved man ever lived.

Five minutes later, there was a knock at his door, followed by the door opening slowly. One by one his daughters walked in.

First was Rosaline, his eldest daughter. She just turned 22 years old and was the smartest girl he had. She was pretty, but she'd be even more attractive if she started to wear make up. She had striking red hair and glowing green eyes. He nodded to her as she smiled down at him and sat down.

Second was his 20 year old daughter, Cathleen. She was yapping on the phone as always. Cathleen was always the fashionista of the threesome. She looked like one, too, always wearing the the latest fashions and never leaving the house without looking perfect. She had dirty blonde hair that cascaded in waves down her back in natural waves, and had nutmeg eyes that were framed with dark, long eyelashes.

The third and last girl that entered the room was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on. Roslynn was the youngest at 18 and had a heart of pure gold. She was the sweetest and most modest girl you could ever meet. Roslynn had pin straight black silky hair that flowed down to her hips flawlessly, and she had piercing blue eyes that made you melt into nothingness.

Jack smiled genuinely at her, and she returned the smile as she sat down. Hands down, she was his favorite daughter. Most of the time, her sisters were jealous because of that fact. Jack Carrol cleared his throat to get his daughter's attention.

Immediately, the girls stopped what they were doing. Rosaline put down her pen that she was writing on a piece of paper with, Cathleen hung up her cell phone, and Roslynn just continued to stare at him with curiosity written in her expression.

"Now girls," he began slowly. "As you know, I have to split the family business between all of you. I am going to give you girls different sizes of the business. Just answer this question: how much do you love me?" he cooed. They all stared at him like he was crazy.

"I love you more than gold and silver," said Rosaline.

Cathleen smiled, straightened her back, flipped her hair, and said, "I love you more than diamonds and rubies!"

The father crooned with happiness and pleasure. "And you, Roslynn? How much do you love me?" He definitely expected her to say the most wonderful thing, since she was his favorite.

"I-I love you more than steak loves salt, father," she smiled her heart breaking smile.

Jack's smile disappeared into anger in seconds.

"You ungrateful little child! After all I have done for you! How can you compare me to steak and salt! Stupid, ignorant, Roslynn! You do not deserve to live with a loving family like yours! Get out! Go, get out!"

Her gorgeous face had shock written all over it. "But father, I-I-I-I.."

"GET OUT OF MY FACE! NOW!" He screamed.

And with that, she ran out of his office crying.

_______________________________________________________________________________

HEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY!!

So I decided to make a modern remake of the fairy tale "Cape of Rushes." it's my favorite ; D

 I know it's extremely short, but it's all I can do to the story. It is only 3 pages long in a fairy tale book.

I hope you guys like it! it was a lot of fun to make!

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTEE~~ <3

-Briar M. M.