Chapter Twenty-Four

K A S H M E R E

When August picked me up and told me that we were going on a date I expected something fun and romantic but when we pulled up to the gun range I gave him the side eye.

"Are you going to get out," he asked after I just stared at him waiting for him to explain what we were doing here.

"Are you going to open my door," I asked back at him and waited patiently for him to do so. Like a good boy he walked around the car and opened my door and I thanked him with a smile and looked around.

"Are you sure that we weren't followed?"

He looked around himself, "I'm sure, were good."

The pool party was yesterday and all I told the guys was the plan was in motion and left it at that. I didn't want to confess to them that Mace kissed me and especially not in front of them. I knew he would be upset but he had to remember that I felt nothing for him. I planned to tell him as soon as the subject of Mace came up.

I followed behind August in my summer dress realizing that I was way to overdressed but at least I would look cute.

Of course August just had to know the owner so after he talked the guy in the front not to long after we were being ushered towards the back. I had came here a few times after I bought my gun. I knew how to shoot it but I wasn't a pro or anything but I was anxious to see August's skills.

He handed me a gun similar to my 9mm but with a silencer on it and I slowly took it from him.

"You said you know how to shoot so prove it to me."

I watched him pick up a gun identical to mine and with the ease of a pro slid on the clip and screwed on the silencer. Seeing him handle the gun made me feel some type of way and the word sexy crossed my mind but I turned my head and got myself situated. I had a target and he had a target both about two feet out and I just hoped that I didn't make a fool of myself. He already didn't' want me to have a gun so if he saw that I couldn't shoot then I'm sure he would take it from me all together.

"You ready?"

"Yes."

He let off the first shot and I followed up. We kept on shooting until both of our clips were empty with him finishing way before me. With a push of a button the paper targets came forward and while I thought I did alright I was to busy staring at his target. Majority of his hits were head shots, upper chest and he had a few in the heart area and a few more miscellaneous ones. Compared to him you could tell by my hits that I was an amateur.

I didn't hide how impressed I was, "Wow."

"You did aight actually," he looked at my paper, "But you could be better."

I didn't' take offense to his comment just looked at his paper and turned to face him, "Teach me."

Instead of protesting he walked up behind me invading my space and I got in position and I watched as he reloaded the gun he had in about two seconds before he handed it over to me. I thought he was just going tell me where to aim so I didn't expect him to press up behind me.

"Spread your legs some," he instructed and I did as he asked but obviously not enough because he took it upon himself to spread them further.

"Don't overthink it cause if you do have to pull out yo gun there wont be no time to think. It's either kill or be killed so all I need you to do is aim and shoot."

I heard what he was saying and I let out a deep breath, I wasn't nervous to hold and shoot a gun but I was a bit thrown off with how close he was. His breathe was on my face and he was talking in my ear and I was gripping the gun to tightly.