* MY VERY FIRST DAY IN TEXAS *

Woah! Thats so tall than the one in pictures. I looked up at the 30 storey headquarters of Santa Fox. No wonder they are the best architectural group in the US. And by Allah's grace, I am here. I quickly entered through the arch gateway. I showed the call letter as received via mail, at the gate. Come on, they aren't going to just let me in like that.

As I entered the building, I saw a huge fountain inside in the lobby area. Maybe having a fountain outside the headquarters was too mainstream, I laughed to myself. "Yes? How can I help you?", asked a lady dressed in Tuxedo, letting her blonde hair fall over her shoulders. Her bright smile was a warm invitation. "Zoya Rahman. I would like to meet Ms. Anna Jeremiah", I smiled back. "Oh, yeah! Take a seat, I'll be back in a moment", she signed to the huge black cushion bags in the lobby. As I took my seat, I recollected the past.

So here goes little about me. Im Zoya Rahman,23, completed my Bachelor degree in architecture. I graduated from Banglore School of Architecture, but my family is from Chennai. Yes, Muslim. Though from the land of Tamil speaking people, I have failed to learn the language.The only daughter of Mr. Rahman Jafar and Mrs. Hafiza Rahman. My relatives live all over the world, the reason I get to be a traveller.

Ms. Anna, who works as the foreign student-project executive for Santa Fox, had come to Banglore few months ago. I was in my final semester and project review was going on in our College. She was invited as the chief guest for our project review. One thing I could say, she totally loved mine. And here I come, all the way to Austin, Texas for my master degree sponsored by Santa Fox.

Santa Fox started back in early 1900s. Today they lead in global market, and their wonders stand tall across the globe, as they do. Every year, talented students across the globe are identified and are given scholarships to study in the US, and provided with projects from the company. And lucky me gets the opportunity, all the way from Incredible India!

"Hey, Ms. Zoya Rahman", I heard a voice as I was going through my certificates. "Hey Ms. Anna, I sprang up". She was one of those who I admired by profession. We shook hands and she gave me a file. "This contains all the details about your master degree. You will be going to St. Xavier's school of architecture, as mentioned earlier. And you can join from Monday. Your dorm facilities are arranged. Ready to go?, she smiled. Oh Yes! All set, I said, with so much confidence and enthusiasm. Okay then, I got to go. Here is my visiting card. Good Luck. See you later. , she smiled bright before she disappeared.

St. Xaviers, here I come, I thought to myself and walked out. I stood in the gate, having one complete glance of the city around me. AUSTIN...TWO YEARS...Yes!! I breathed deep. I caught myself a taxi. St. Xaviers?, I asked, bending down to window level. Yes, Maam, he smiled. I got into the taxi. My luggage was coming tomorrow, so I was jobless today. I looked at the tall skyscrapers. Woah! They were majestic. I leaned back in my seat, and lost myself in dreams.