Do you accept?

Chapter 16

The whole drive home I tried to keep my eyes on the road and not look at Erebus. I could feel him looking at me as I tried not to blush. I have just shown him clearly how I feel and I'm scared he won't feel the same. I am second guessing myself as to what I saw in his eyes earlier, I'm sure I saw love or was that part of the act he put on for Jack.

                              I parked the car beside my house and got out as Erebus followed me. My hand was shaking as I tried to put the key in the keyhole. Erebus's hand came over my shoulder as he placed his hand on mine to steady it as he helped me turn the key. I practically ran in the door and up the stairs shouting ,

"Just getting a shower, I will be down in a little while and I will make something for us to eat", I was in my room, closing the door before he got a chance to reply or follow me.

Breath Electra, breath, I chanted to myself, as I bent forward taking long deep breaths. I have never been this scared of rejection before, yes Jack hurt me when he rejected me, but I dealt with it and got on with life, but I think it would break me if Erebus didn't want me. I just need to be confident, I dont want to have him by bringing the seducer out, I want him to want me for me not because I forced it. I can do this. I grabbed my sexiest bra and lace underwear, I'm not planning on him seeing me naked but something about them makes me feel confident. I will be happy if I manage to speak properly around him. I grabbed a pair of white booty short that my ass wasnt hanging out but made it more defined  and a dark purple tank top.

I turned on the shower and jumped in making sure my legs were silky smooth and my hair and skin smelt of vanilla and strawberries. I got out and dried myself off, when I was putting on my underwear, I glanced in the mirror and did a double take. My oracle mark on my ribs is different. There is an extra two lines of writing added to the other lines. It hasn't changed in years, why now, is this the change I felt earlier. I didn't think anymore about it, I couldn't when he is downstairs. I put on my clothes and blow dried my hair, then straighten it, making it look longer. I put on a very thin line of liquid eyeliner and mascara, to make my eyes stand out. I took out the contacts and let my amber eyes shine. I put on clear lip gloss to make my lips look a little fuller. Now all I need to do is get the courage to move.

                           After five minutes of sitting there, I finally stood up and started to walk downstairs. I found Erebus in the kitchen,  with pots on the cooker, plates in front of him as he was dishing up spaghetti Bolognese.  I stood there completely shocked. He can cook. He turned around and smiled at me handing me a plate of food. I sat down and took the first fork full praying it will be nice because I dont want to hurt his feelings if its not. Thank the gods it tastes delicious. I finished my plate in record time and brought it over to the sink, cleared up everything and put plates and pots into the dishwasher.

"Thank you Erebus, that was the tastiest Bolognese I have ever had" I said.

"Thank you, I might aswell put myself to use now that you know im here" he said smiling shyly.

"I think I will keep you in the kitchen if you cook everything as good as that" I said giving back my own shy smile.

"Do you want to watch a film or something on tv?" I asked.

"Yeah, a DVD sounds good, I already have the fire blazing for us" he said.

"You definitely come in very handy, you go and pick a DVD, I will get us some drinks and popcorn" I said as he smiled and walked into the lounge. I hadn't noticed before but he has different clothes on, did he leave to get them or has he got a stash of clothes somewhere. He looks so different but still hot, he has a white v neck tight t shirt on that fitted his body perfectly and a black track suit bottom and runners.