Chapter 4

My boss called and said that everyone had the day off cause it was her daughter’s birthday over the weekend and they went to her mom’s house and it rained so much that a lot of the roads were flooded. When I hung up I walked into the kitchen to get some water and Kasey was on her phone talking to somebody but when she saw me she said she had to go and would talk later. That was a little weird considering we told each other everything.

“Morning Kase”

“Morning”

“So we don’t have work today awesome Right?”

“Yeah”

“OK what’s wrong”

“What?”

“It’s pretty obvious that something is going on”

“Steven broke up with me yesterday when we were in Starbucks he called when I went to the bathroom”

“Kasey I’m so sorry” I said trying to comfort her.

“It’s ok he was a douche anyway and I don’t even feel sad about It”

She’s right and he was a douche. He didn’t care about anyone but himself and he didn’t deserve Kasey. I happy she doesn’t really care about it.

“He really was” we both laughed.

“So now it’s time to move onto bigger and better things” she smiled.

“Yeah”

“So what are we doing today since we don’t have to go to work?” she asked.

Wow she really was in a good mood.

“Not sure yet”

Suddenly my phone started to ring and when I looked to see who it was it was Chris.

“Morning” he said.

“Morning”

“So would you like to hangout today?” he asked.

“Yes, definitely”

“Great”

“What are we gonna do?”

“Umm not sure yet I just wanted to hangout with you”

“That’s so sweet”

“I’ll pick you up in like an hour and oh yeah bring your friend” he said.

“Okie Dokie see you then” I replied and hung up.

I turned and looked at Kasey to tell her what our plans were for the day.

“I just found out what we’re doing today!”

“And what would that be?”

“We are going to hang out with Chris”

“Sounds fun”

“And he is coming in an hour so hurry up and get ready”

“Okay, Okay”