Chapter 22

I left a note, and then quickly escaped the hospital.
I snuck out carefully and took a bus to Maine… Well, it was more like bus-walk-bus-walk-bus. It took a long time to get there, like, overnight.
I eventually reached Stella’s and Shawn’s; my parent’s car was in the driveway. So, I just walked straight to Jeydon’s.
He needed to know.
His grandma answered the door.
“Laci.” She spat. “What are you doing here? You aren’t wanted.” She added rudely.
I bit my lower lip and looked down. “Where’s Jeydon?” I looked back up, to look at his grandma’s wrinkled face.
“He’s gone.” She raised her eyebrows.
“Then I’ll just wait here for him.” I sat on the bench in his front yard.
His grandma looked pleased and walked back inside, closing the door.
I sat there for hours, or at least it seemed like hours; I don’t know I don’t have a watch. All I knew is that it was getting late and I was getting hungry.
A car pulled into the driveway and Jeydon’s dad got out, since when was he out of his coma?
“Hey, Laci.” He smiled at me.
“Do you know where Jeydon is?” I’m really tired of waiting for him.
I really felt sick, too.
“He’s probably at his girlfriend’s… Spending the night, because he’s leaving tomorrow. What are you doing here?”
“Girlfriend?” That’s right… He’s probably still with Amy.
“Yeah, this girl named Christina Harris. Do you know her?”
I shook my head; I wonder what happened between him and Amy… He really was moving on without me.
“I need to talk to him.” Tears were running down my face now.
“Why?” His dad asked, being nosy.
“I’m pregnant.” I covered my face, crying. I’m so embarrassed.
His dad tensed up, “with Jeydon?”
I nodded. “Yeah, and I really need him to know.” A baby isn’t something that you can hide… at least not very easily… and I’m already raising Jacee… can I raise two on my own?
His dad hugged me. “Don’t worry I’ll drive you over to Christina’s now… and we’ll get him… Let’s go.” His dad pulled away and held out his hand.
I took it and he led me to his car.
He drove us to Christina’s and she lived in a cabin – like house.
I ran, tripping in her yard, up to her door.
I knocked.
A woman answered, she looked to be in her 40’s.
“Hey… Who are you?” She gave me a questioning look.
I fiddled with my fingers, twirling my thumbs around each other. “I’m Laci… Is Jeydon here? I need to talk to him… Don’t tell him who’s here… Please.” I looked into the woman’s eyes, with scared eyes. I hope she understood and would listen.
The woman pressed together her lips, and nodded. “One sec.” She turned around, shut the door.
I heard a yell, then Jeydon’s name.

A few minutes later, Jeydon came outside.
“Laci…” He froze up when he saw me; he looked into The Harris’s driveway and saw his dad’s car. “And my dad brought you why?” He questioned.
I breathed in, then out. It’s time to tell him. When I went to speak – this pretty red haired chick came out.
Was she Christina?
I’m assuming she is Christina when Jeydon wrapped her up in his arms and kissed her.
When she turned and saw me, and my expression, she shot me a devious smile and walked inside. She had the body of a supermodel.
I wrapped my arms around myself, I feel like I’m going to throw up.
Jeydon hugged me, and I shoved him away. “Don’t touch me!” I yelled.
I felt like crying.
…Even if I tell him, he won’t be mine, because he doesn’t love me…
“Laci, what’s wrong?” Jeydon asked.
I heard the car door, open and shut and Jeydon’s dad came out.
I was crying now, I’m such a wimp… I can’t even tell him.
“Jeydon you ass hole! Don’t make Laci cry, you could hurt the baby!” His dad yelled.
Oh shit.
“What baby?” Jeydon asked.
I couldn’t bring myself to look. “I’m going to go.” I started walking, I turned to look at the guys talking.
Jeydon didn’t even try to stop me.
I’m going to go home, and forget about him. He’ll be happier that way.
I started walked on the sidewalk, until I noticed a car following me.
It was Jeydon’s dad’s car, I stopped walking and they pulled up beside me. Jeydon got out.
“Laci, come on, let’s go. My dad will take you home.” Jeydon said, in a soft tone.
I shook my head. “I’m fine.” I wore a fake smile. “I can walk home.” I turned away.
Jeydon turned me, and held onto me, closely. “Laci… I don’t want you hurting yourself.” His eyes were locked on mine.
I wanted to cry, but I didn’t want him to see me cry. “Let me go.” I managed to pull my eyes away from his and force them to look at his chest.
He didn’t let me go, he just held onto me tightly - like I was a treasure.
“Jeydon, let me go.” I started crying.
I think it’s safe to say, he knows about the baby now.
“No.” He mumbled, and held onto me.
“But you don’t love me. You love… Amy… Or Christina… You’ve moved on… So, let me move on.” I cried.
He still held onto me. “I love you, Laci… More then them.”
“Then why did you leave me? Why are you with them?” I wrapped my arms around his back and squeezed onto him.
I’m afraid to lose him.
“My grandma hates you, Laci… That’s why.”
“That still doesn’t answer my second question.” I squeezed onto him tighter.
He kissed my head. “…My grandma said, I have to start looking for an appropriate wife…”
I buried my head into his chest; I don’t want to lose him. “I love you.” I squeaked in my crying voice.
“I love you too.” He started letting go, but then I clamped onto him tighter.
“Don’t leave me.” I cried.
I am pathetic.
“I won’t…. But we have to go… I bet your parent’s are worried about you.” He let go.

I hope we'll live happily ever after.