Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

A/N: Hello, this is the sequel to I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story). It is not necessary to read IWDTLY, though I do highly recommend it (though I should really edit that again). This is a later update of this story, as it has been uploaded previously. Each edited chapter will have indication at the head of chapter. Thank you! [Edited 1/27/2016]

Teach Me How to Love You (A Hermione Granger Love Story)

Chapter One: Spongebob Invades the Library

I was bored, to say the least. With Violet on her way back to her home in America with Draco Lover-Boy Malfoy, and Ginny snogging Harry at her house, I was left alone. This past month's adventures flooded back into my system. It gave me a headache almost immediately. We—meaning Gin and I—had put a lot of time and energy into getting Violet to fall for Draco. We had planned out nearly every step of that dang relationship and do we get a thank you for it?

Nope. Not yet at least.

On another note, I'd taken to calling him Draco, but mostly to myself. If there was one thing I didn't need it was an angry Slytherin coming after me. Who knows where that would lead? Luckily, holiday break had started yesterday after classes completed for the evening. Nearly everyone was packed up and gone by supper.

Draco was being shipped off to live with Violet for the break. Ginny was heading home for a family reunion of sorts with Harry a few steps behind her. Ginny had stayed up late with me gossiping and was asleep on the train by the time it left the station. My goodbye to Violet was shortcoming, though. The only thing she said to me was, and I quote, "Tis the season, Hermione Bone," in that bloody annoying tone she had. I won't forget to mention the joking flick of her hair and an over-dramatic strut while holding Draco's hand.

Simply thinking back to the mishap that had occurred when meeting Caden Bone, aka my crush, made me blush like a mad woman. Red angry blotches formed on my face when I remember his boxer shorts and the suggestive way he was bending, earning him the nickname Suggestive Bender. I had called him that for the short time that I didn't know his real name. I hadn't seen him, Cheering Cutie, or Sexy Legs in quite a while. I wasn't sure whether that was good thing or a bad thing.

The point of all this though, was that I was alone for the holidays. My choice to stay at Hogwarts proved to be idiotic to a tee. The debate I had put up with my dad earlier last week so I could stay, though, was what was keeping me from going home a little late. If I were to just owl my dad and say, "Hey, I was wrong. Can I come home now?" I would be so displeased with myself for crushing my pride. But I had begrudgingly accepted their early Christmas gifts. As tradition, I was only allowed to open one present before Christmas morning. The one I had opened happened to be a pair of Spongebob pajama bottoms matched with a Patrick tee from my mom. She was refusing to accept I only watched the show between the ages of twelve and, well, a later version of twelve.

That was what I was wearing right now, if only to owl and said they were comfortable and that I was thankful. I did, however, have an oversized sweater over top due to the drafts in Hogwarts.

Snuggled in my favorite aisle of the Library, I was eating random hard candies and flipping through an unabridged copy of Hogwarts: A History I had come across in the bookstore. Easily my thoughts drifted and blocked me from the outside world. Without my noticing, Luna had sat down next to me and began reading the latest copy of The Quibbler.

"Can I have a booger flavored piece, please?" Luna whispered, causing me to unconsciously hand her a piece from the paper bag on the opposite side. I then proceed to jump out of my skin.

"Merlin, Luna! You scared me half to death!" My hand was clenched in front of my pounding heart.

"Sorry, Hermione-dear," she states while crunching on the strange flavor. "I just thought I'd come over and say that Suggestive Bender has subtly walked by this aisle around sixteen times since I came into the Library." I watch as she casually reaches over my lap to my bag of candy, pulling out a pink one: blipberry.

Quickly, I snatch my favorite candy from her, denying the fact, "He has not!"

As I said it a glimpse of brown hair caught the corner of my eye. It was flicking from view behind the nearest bookshelf. Subconsciously, I slip the blipberry candy into my mouth and suck on the fruity candy.

"I dare you date him," Luna says straightforward.

How dare she even mention—

Whipping myself back around to face her, I get sight of her joking smile.

"Hardy-har-har, not likely." That's when I see a tall figure standing behind Luna, looking as foreboding as one could in a Library. My blipberry suddenly tastes sour on my tongue and my face hot. There stood Blaise Zabini, hands stuffed in his pockets, a malicious grin on his face, and a candy cigarette hanging from his lips. Glaring up at him, I watch as his grin turns to a smirk, one similar to Draco's, yet colder from the startling shadows that covered his eyes. His green and silver tie were a stark contrast to his dark brown skin. His mouth opens, a pink tongue flicking to the cigarette. In one crunch he eats it. He then chuckles a few words into the world, voice slow as molasses.

"Bone falling for Granger? Gold!"

=======

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess