18 things to do before you're 18 [[[Chapter Seven]]

I basically floated to my art class as my head swam with thoughts of Evan and what Will had said.

I sat down in my usual seat next to Tobey.

He just chuckled as he took in my dreamy stare.

"So are you excited about Sunday?" I asked him as we put our things away.

All through class we managed to barely do anything.

Our assignment was to make something out of the clay they gave us. But me and Tobey just ended up messing around the whole time.

We ended up making some deformed looking people. I named mine Tobey and he named his Preppy.

That was his new nickname for me. I had tried to come up with him but my ideas were pretty pathetic.

He stared at me for a moment, "Yeah I guess" he answered with a shrug.

I gasped and pretended to look hurt, "Oh Tobey you should be excited to be spending a whole day with me" I said in a mocking tone.

He smirked and seemed amused, "Who said it would be a whole day".

I tried my attempt to flirt. I slowly moved closer, "Oh well I am a very slow learner" I said in a whisper. My hand trailed up the buttons on his shirt. And then I stopped and looked up at him.

His face was a mixture of shock and smugness. I laughed and then turned away and began walking down the hall.

"I will see you Sunday" I called.

Evan P.O.V.

I was in the locker rooms getting dressed for practice. But all I could think about was her.

I had stayed up last night looking through some old yearbooks trying to find her.

Apparently we had been in the same class in sixth grade. I didn't exactly remember her at first but then I kept looking and I found some stuff.

Rachel Smith had always been the academic scholar at our middle school. And then she went on to get straight A's in high school. After reading this I finally remembered when I had met her.

When I first moved here not many people talked to me. But there was one girl in particular that did. She was friends with some guy I had met, his name was Will. And her name was Rachel Smith.

I remembered her, she was really shy and timid, but none the less nice. After a while people started talking to me and then before I knew it tons of kids wanted to be my friend. I guess they liked the fact I was so athletic, or maybe it was the fact I didn't look half bad.

I had never really cared because I was just excited to finally have friends. I stayed friends with Will because we both did sports together.

But him and Rachel grew apart and since that was the only reason I had ever talked to her in the first place I just stopped. Not only that but I had heard some kids making fun of her once. Saying she was a geek and all.

At the time I was so concerned with becoming popular that I decided it was best to steer clear from her because I didn't want to ruin my reputation.

After that I never really saw her after that. I mean I noticed her around school every now and then. But once High school started I just forgot about her.

That is till now.

I rushed out of the locker room to the field.

I saw the guys out there. But to my surprise we weren't the only ones on the field today.